Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
We’re looking for a lead Software Engineer to join our Payment Software Development team focusing on providing passengers with exceptional in-flight shopping experience while allowing airlines to offer differentiating payment options. Our solutions require someone with versatile knowledge in multiple domains. If your core strengths include programming PHP, AWS, optionally in POSIX/LINUX platform and enjoy working as part of an Agile/Scrum team that require fast learning, please apply!
This is a Level V position and will be Hybrid based out of our Irvine, CA office.
- Leads a team of software engineers developing and integrating into on-prem platform
- Implements, maintains and integrates groundside API’s responsible for Wireless Internet offered on the aircraft
- Creates and maintains various test applications to ensure Continuous Integration & Deployment of APIs via Unit and End-To-End tests
- Creates CI/CD’s for SDLC
- Leads the initial AWS Migration effort of on-prem applications
- Leads the redesign of the WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) platform in AWS to fully Cloud Native
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through solid knowledge of SDLCs
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams, data/logic flow charts, ERM and UML
- Strong collaborator and consistent transfer of domain knowledge to peers
- Troubleshooting and/or Debugging skills in Linux environments for production support on-prem and AWS
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 15+ plus years’ of related software development experience.
- 10 years of PHP software development experience.
- IFE system development experience is a plus.
- AWS knowledge and experience
- Cypress or Selenium is a plus
- Strong API design foundation
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostGre, MongoDB, or Redis
- Hands on experience with scripting languages like Bash
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP
- Experience/knowledge in one of the IoT protocols like MQTT, gRPC, CoAP, RSocket or AMQP is a plus
- Experience/knowledge on Pub/Sub solutions and Request-Response patterns like Kafka is a plus
- Version control with Git, knowledge on Git flow and quality control via CRs and MRs
- Experience in developing and deploying applications in AWS
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience in PCI
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.