Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Senior Project Manager
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position plays a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day activities of large-scale programs and projects within the Panasonic Cirrus team as part of the Smart Mobility Office. Key responsibilities include leading customer engagements to drive and deliver solutions that are aligned to their business vision and defined goals. Because this role will be the tactical single point of contact for overall program timelines, deliverables, scope, schedule and budget, customer engagement and relationship management skills are critical.
Connected mobility technology is poised to radically transform the safety, efficiency, accessibility and long-term financial viability of the transportation industry. Panasonic’s Smart Mobility Office is developing cutting edge data aggregation and insights platform capabilities dedicated to manage public resources for the public good through a commitment of data standards and open source software housed in the Cloud that brings together the digital and physical worlds to make mobility safer, efficient and more accessible. As government agencies look for new and innovative ways to positively impact the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, Panasonic’s SMO tests, develops and launches technology that provides real-time situational awareness such as crashed and disabled vehicles, adverse weather events, and much more.
The Panasonic Smart Mobility Office is poised to leverage our work in connected mobility services to co-develop in partnership with public agencies data collection and aggregation systems to test and operationalize modern transportation revenue generation systems based on use of the publicly funded transportation assets, primarily roads.
- Understands the scope of overall engagement to ensure delivery against statement of work
- Serves as the first point of escalation for issues that arise from project initiation to installation and product acceptance
- Partners with customers to gain alignment on cross-functional stakeholders, roles, responsibilities, resource commitments, communication and operating cadence
- Ability to present to all levels of management to successfully facilitate all customer-facing meetings as outlined in the customer engagement
- Owns all project management artifacts and documentation including Project Management Plan, Project Schedule, Risks, Issues, Action Items, and Decisions Log, Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes and dashboards
- Responsible for overall program budget reporting, current spend, forecasted spend, and the ability to make recommendations on budget adjustments to avoid overrun
- Assess changing priorities and impacts to scope, schedule and cost through proper change control.
- Continually ensures alignment of the overall program value is being delivered and realized by customers
- Serves as the onsite trusted advisor to the customer
- Serves as liaison between customer and internal Panasonic team for any and all communications
Internal Team Engagement:
- Serves as the voice of the customer
- Interfaces early and often with the Panasonic Engineering Team on product releases against customer engagement commitments and timelines
- Owns assigned customer dashboards that captures KPI’s on program budgets, phases, key milestones, risks, issues and overall customer health and reports out to all internal teams
- Understands all customer touch points within the delivery lifecycle in order to provide guidance and support for all Customer Success Team interactions with the customer
- Ability to proactively identify indicators of at-risk accounts and recommend mitigation strategies for resolution with the internal team
- Evangelizes a proactive, customer-focused mindset and customer engagement best practices for internal adoption
Program Management Office (PMO):
- Embraces and applies the PMO guiding principles to internal and external customers
- Involvement in internal initiatives to grow and evolve the PMO processes and services for repeatability, predictability and scalability
- Responsible for keeping all project artifacts in compliance with the PMO methodology
What You’ll Bring:
- This position reports to the head of the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office Project Management Office (PMO)
- This position has no direct reports
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in program management and management consulting delivering software solutions
- Experience managing program budgets of at least $2M annually
- Experience working in mixed Agile/Waterfall model and understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Must have experience with project management scheduling tools and advanced level competency with MS Office. Smartsheets experience a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMP certification a plus
- Experience working with government agency customers specifically in transportation a plus
- Knowledge of intelligent transportation systems, Smart Cities and IoT industries a plus
- Strong leadership to guide projects through successful execution and completion
- Effective, confident communication to stakeholders at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Risk management
- Organization and planning skills
- Fanatical customer focus
- All levels of stakeholders
- Courage to initiate discussion on issues and sensitive topics and drive to resolution
- Remote position. Preference for applicants located in Utah and specifically the Salt Lake City area but will consider other locations. Majority of SMO located in Denver, Colorado.
- Travel post-Covid up to 25%
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.