The Senior Program Manager works independently to define the scope of the program and bridges the requirements of the customer(s) to the outputs of each function within the global enterprise. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated programs to ensure that goals and objectives of the programs are achieved or exceeded within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Has a history of success collaborating with, while holding accountable, cross-functional team members to drive complex products through the development phase and into production. The role requires a highly organized mindset, an ability to capture command and control over other functions, a passion to launch new technologies and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen. This role works closely with the customer and is a window into the organization.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Plans the project milestones and takes control of company resources assigned by the functions and aligns them towards successful launch. Exhibits Command and Control over associates and managers of other functions and provides leadership and direction for all program activities to include planning, organizing, and managing resources/processes to achieve and exceed program objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints.
- Develops and maintains high fidelity P/L cost models both locally and globally. Assists or Leads the simulation of different P/L scenarios to formulate conclusions and recommendations for best / advantageous course of action. Presents to company executives cost/sales price to win business and maintain profit. Tracks all elements contributing to P/L and drives other function team members for cost down (VA/VE) opportunities to closure.
- Assists with or Leads Business Plan and Mid-Term Plan budget development process for portfolio of programs.
- Drives others to execute work by building positive relationships including Manager level to ensure high level of integration and cross functional collaboration among Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance and Purchasing.
- Leads various Cross-Functional Program Review Meetings both internally and externally with customers. Creates and maintains detailed and actionable OIL (Open Issues List) and Master Program Timelines and is the central control point for progress of Open Issues, roadblock resolution, risk mitigation and escalation.
- Interacts with customers key decision makers to ensure alignment of expectations for deliverables. Champions the cross functional team to formulate and present consistent and properly messaged commitments and program updates to the customer.
- Expert working knowledge of the Phase and Gate Process. Leads the Cross Functional team in following the Gate Process. This includes verifying all functional groups are progressing to the program milestones, activities and deliveries for each phase and are preparing their Gate Review meeting material for each Executive Gate Review on time and in full. Holds accountable each functional department to accomplish this.
- In conjunction with the Sales Team, leads new business pursuits by creating business cases, pursuit strategy and risk analysis. Is the lead presenter to Executive Team to secure finalization of quote package for the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of program management or related industry experience.
- Automotive Industry end to end product launch experience preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Ability to lead projects independently and with team members.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, team oriented environment.
- Innate Planning and Problem Solving ability is required
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.