We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to participate in our organization's efforts in maintaining a robust and effective cybersecurity posture. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to protect computer systems, networks, and other digital assets from malicious attacks. This role will work with a team of IT professionals to design and implement new security measures or update existing ones. This role may also be tasked with analyzing current security protocols to identify weaknesses or vulnerabilities that will lead to the development of new security measures designed to patch these holes and keep sensitive data safe. This role reports directly to the Cybersecurity Manager. Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing security measures based on business needs and industry best practices
- Monitoring networks for potential threats using security tools such as firewalls and antivirus software
- Creating security policies, procedures, and plans to safeguard data and systems from cyber attacks
- Performing risk assessments to identify potential security threats in an organization’s environment
- Analyzing the impact of emerging technologies on existing security systems and identifying potential risks
- Providing recommendations on new security measures to strengthen existing security systems
- Conducting security audits to identify potential vulnerabilities servers, networks, endpoints, and applications
- Help the Cybersecurity Manager lead the day-to-day cybersecurity operations, including incident response, vulnerability management, and security monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) are a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in cybersecurity roles, with a track record of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, ISO, and CIS, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in conducting risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewall management, and endpoint protection.
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and practices (e.g., AWS, Azure) is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule and will be based out of our Bridgeton, MO Corporate Office. Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career: Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world. Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.