Responsible for a wide range of accounting duties, in-depth financial analysis and project leadership ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. Works closely with business managers and members to communicate and interpret financial data, supporting preparation of budget and forecast figures. Functions as a subject matter expert or project lead for the team, providing guidance to staff accountants.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Provides assistance with month-end closing coordination, including but not limited to the closing schedule, ensuring all journal entries for the team are posted timely, prepares and distributes detail and summary analysis files and coordinates post-close activities.
- Partners with functional and operational budget managers to aid in development of budget plans and forecast data through analysis and in-depth understanding of current costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Provides accounting guidance to budget managers to expand their understanding of actuals reported and manage their financial responsibilities through continued improvement in forecast accuracy.
- Supports the Consolidations team in the preparation, documentation and analysis of financial reports and or statements for completeness, accuracy and consistency to prior periods. The reports may include but are not limited to profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements and cash flow. Able to provide support and clear explanation for statement results and variances.
- Responsible for complex account reconciliation and analysis, ensuring appropriate documentation, identification of variances, reconciling balances, developing and implementing solutions for complex issues and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assists management in preparation and analysis of the overall P&L and Balance Sheet for budget, forecasting and reporting of actual results. Reviews proposed forecast before submission and provides assistance or guidance as required.
- Verifies accuracy of journal entries to ensure the general ledger is accurate, well-supported and complete. Prepares highly complex monthly journal entries as required.
- Performs and ensures timely and accurate completion of financial data or reports to meet established month-end, year-end or other designated deadlines.
- Works on assignments that are diverse in scope, moderately complex and requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Researches account discrepancies and manages resolution of complex issues, communicating account status, necessary adjustments or transactions with management and other appropriate team members.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting with concentration in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related Accounting experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting standards. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced proficiency in excel required.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools required.
- Experience in operational accounting required.
- Experience in technical accounting required.
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP required.
- Experience in international accounting preferred.
- Understanding of tax accounting preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.