Job Title: SCADA Engineer
Category: Exempt (Salaried)
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
- Developing, implementing, and managing Panasonic’s SCADA system within the Gigafactory.
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Omron within Panasonic’s battery manufacturing processes.
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determining feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Providing technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Conferring with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Preparing or directing preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Planning and developing experimental test programs.
- Analyzing test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with SCADA systems and OPT communication.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Understanding of feedback control systems and PID controllers.
- Strong understanding of ladder logic.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems, preferably Mitsubishi or Omron.
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of electrical hardware, drawings, sequence control and software design.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas.
- Flexibility to solve issues with first principles thinking.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting manufacturing image vision systems such as Keyence and Cognex.
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling size/terminations and load/temperature requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NFPA codes:
- 79 (and related UL standards for industrial machinery)
- Knowledge regarding electrical requirements in hazardous locations (Class I, Division 2).
- Experience with 480 V panel installations.
- Control wiring design.
- Experience with energy usage/optimization.
- Knowledge and handling about American environmental laws and UL (Underwriters Laboratories).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.