Panasonic – Sales Engineering InternEvery moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
The Sales Engineering Intern will promote the business of solar and storage equipment that requires technical knowledge to create documentation and simplify complex engineering principles, calculations, and applications, to persuade potential buyers of the practical value of the product. The Intern will provide technical support for customer inquiries related to solar and energy storage systems and works with internal and external stakeholders to develop product and service solutions to meet these needs. The Intern will analyze PV and energy storage system data performance, prepares technical bulletins, flow charts and wiring diagrams.
What You'll Get To Do:
Engineering and Design
- Assist with the technical development of new and existing solar and storage products including but not limited to drawings, data sheets, installation manuals, technical bulletins, and energy simulations
- Help clients solve technical engineering problems with products and services.
General Technical Customer Service
- Responsible for providing technical support to maintain and acquire business
- Follow up on customer requests and provides extra level of service for Certified, Authorized and Premium Installers
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers
- Review the EverVolt certification training program and maintain database of certified installers
- Support sales and marketing efforts for total home energy solution products.
Warranty Claim Support
- Maintain database of warranty claims for solar and storage, and works with RSMs, distributors, installers, homeowners, and suppliers to investigate inbound warranty claims
Product and Customer Knowledge
- Acquire product and industry knowledge to meet sales goals of each product
- Participate in professional organizations related to solar and storage codes and standards is highly encouraged
- Maintain communication with factories, product development team, sales managers, installers, contractors and engineers
- Monitor and analyze product developments, trends and progress as well as ensures customer support
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
What You'll Bring:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree program focusing on electrical engineering, energy systems, or power electronics
- Relevant course work or research experience in electrical circuits, applications of solar photovoltaics and energy storage
- Prior experience in technical presentation, documentation, and content writing with great skills in MS Office applications preferred
- Prior experience in creating and reviewing mechanical and electrical CAD drawings using AutoCAD and 3D modeling software preferred
- Strong ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms
- Impeccable time management skills
- Critical problem-solving skills to address and analyze technical challenges
- Innovative skills for research and presentation of products and engineering ideas
- Excellent communications skills over email, phone and in-person with the ability to navigate a wide range of internal and external environments
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Team player with a sense of optimism, resilience, and perseverance
Hourly Range: $17.00 - $38.00
The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.