Panasonic Connect -Research Laser Engineer
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Initiates, develops, designs and execute test plans for evaluating design innovations in existing products
- Initiates, develops, designs and execute test plans for evaluating design innovations in evaluating prototypes of NPI and technology development programs
- Scope, budget, schedule and assess risk of programs
- Participate in all aspects of the transition of ECM’s and NPI’s to production
- Work with other members of the engineering and operations staff to ensure that products are developed to meet all performance and quality standards
- Communicate with customers on technical issues
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to team members and management
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- Degree required and or preferred
- BS, MS, PhD in Physics, Optics or Lasers
- 2 to 3 years of industrial experience
- Thorough knowledge of optical and electrical test equipment
- Experience with some or all of the following optical design, micron level tolerances, solid state, fiber or gas lasers, FEA, DFM, FMEA, kinematics, thermal modeling, mounting of optical components, optical alignment, and fixture design.
- High level of problem solving capabilities
- Able to interpret and analyze test results
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in teams and collaborate with other groups on creative and functional levels.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Key communications contacts, internal and or external, and level of persuasion required
- Required to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Able to work on devices using microscope, hand tools, automated tools and machinery
- Able to work in Cleanrooms with PPE and protective Eye Wear
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to speak, hear, see, understand and interpret
- May be exposed to hazardous equipment and chemicals
What We Offer:
The salary range of $80,000 –$120,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.