The Director/General Manager of Quality is responsible for developing and leading various teams that proactively manage and deliver systems and programs that ensure our customers’ quality expectations are met and we continually improve our quality performance. The Director will be a change agent that works closely with the Leaders in all other areas to initiate and drive effective quality management practices that deliver value to PENA. The individual will direct teams and work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering teams to resolve customer/internal issues.
- Lead and manage the Quality team through talent acquisition, people development and coaching, and training
- Develop high performing team and future leaders by coaching and improving individual capability through performance management systems and processes
- Develop the quality strategy, goals and objectives for PENA operations and business development and ensure alignment with all other functional groups
- Establish and monitor the team’s performance through KPIs aligned to the organization’s strategic objectives, and at the same time ensuring to company policies
- Champion total quality excellence and quality first behaviors, transparency and collaboration to internal and external stakeholders
- Assure compliance and continuous improvements to all quality management systems as well as the integration with other management systems (ISO 14001, 45001, etc.)
- Develop and execute continuous improvement plans on standards, methods, metrics and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of our product and equipment
- Lead failure investigation and corrective action for customer related failures, and facilitate customer quality & reliability interactions
- Drive on-time root cause analysis and corrective action for deficiencies
- Champion the use of SPC techniques across the organization
- Provide leadership during problem resolution events and management of change opportunities
- Be a key player in the local leadership team for all issues
- Champion and support all corporate EH&S and Quality initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: MS, MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Reliability, Engineering or related field
- Preferred: D. in Quality, Reliability, Engineering
- 10+ years minimum Quality & Reliability experience required
- Extensive experience utilizing quality management tools including: statistical decision-making methods, process capability analysis, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) and Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Extensive experience in continuous improvement and structure problem solving techniques and tools such as 8-D, fishbone, FTA, FMEA and other quality tools
- Must be team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail are required
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management is required
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma methods and techniques, process control systems, process capability, measurements and analysis, FMEA, preventive action, and continuous improvement programs required
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality management systems and auditing
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 5+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) including industries such as batteries or electronic devices preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.