Panasonic Connect - Project Manager
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Manage projects using established PMO standards, incorporating other approaches as necessary given cultural, situational, ecosystem and other identified factors.
- Manage project planning activities with internal team and Stakeholders to define.
- Project Scope and Objectives detailed in the Project Charter
- Key Project Goals and Deliverables
- Risks and Risk Mitigation
- Project Milestones and Schedule
- Required Resources and Budget
- Update Stakeholders on a consistent basis including deliverables, schedules, and project progress.
- Direct Project meetings and work with Project Sponsor to ensure schedule, deliverables and overall health of project is on track.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to stakeholders.
- Complete project recaps to identify areas for improvement and document a plan to execute the identified areas.
- Identify and clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders through the course of the project.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle, escalating as necessary to ensure project success.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers and communicate expected deliverables.
- Provide weekly project summary updates to PMO Team
- Educate team and partners regarding Project Management processes.
- Formally document and update all project related items including implementation plan, project scope, charter, goals, deliverables, risks, project milestones, schedule, and any all-related items.
- Archive project related items following project completion.
- Establish and ensure compliance to project reporting and monitoring standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain the PMO project tracking with project management tools and or software Assist PMO with managing portfolio of customer facing and internal projects.
- Reports to Associate Director - PMO, Operations
- Position may provide project supervision to other members of the PMO team or contractors.
What you will bring:
Education and Experience
- University degree in business or related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in Project Management, Program Management, or similar experience
- Project Management Professional PMP or Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM or a related PMI Certification preferred or within one year of hire.
- Proactive and effective problem-solving capabilities to handle potentially complex problems and resolve conflicts.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to frequent changes in environment, priorities, and deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Experience with significant cultural, organizational, and business process change efforts.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills and experience with project management tools and or software
- Financial Management Skills to support project budgets
- Proficient in MS Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Visio and Word.
- Ability to define communication plans and execute effectively with other Panasonic staff, key customers, executive and project management staff.
- Strong communication written and verbal and negotiation skills to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel up to executive level both internally and within customer supplier organizations.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple suppliers, subcontractors, and 3rd party vendors.
Travel Requirement 25 percent travel to various locations in North America to meet with PMO team or onsite for project execution. During large scale projects, the percentage could fluctuate. Adherence to corporate travel and entertainment policy is required.
What We Offer:
The salary range of $105,000-$145,000 is just one component of Panasonic Cannect's total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.