Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This is fantastic opportunity for a motivated Program Manager who has experience in high volume Manufacturing to help define the project improvement activities and facilitate projects through to completion with expected benefits.
This is a newly created position, and a great opportunity for someone to help facilitate change on a huge scale level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing multiple work streams and collaborating with various departments in a non-repetitive role
- Completes work with minimal guidance and direction, where typical project management assignments have a medium to high level of complexity which may involve unstructured and ambiguous situations.
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and complete assignments on time.
- Must demonstrate skills in negotiation and facilitation techniques and interact professionally with staff and management at all levels.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills.
- Could often serve in a mentoring role
- Managing projects, which involves determining project deliverables and timelines, developing a project plan and managing to the plan, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing meeting minutes and status reports. Working with team members to resolve issues. Coordinating activities of a project team which may include individuals from multiple teams, departments and locations.
- Manage and deliver assigned projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality standards
- Gain an understanding of all services, operational processes and procedures
- Developing relationships and expertise within the divisions to provide continued value-add services.
- Assisting divisional clients with navigating service requests; providing escalations as necessary.
- Supporting project teams in creating a business case, including cost benefit analysis.
- Mentoring team members.
- Responsible for comprehensive project management to execute post-merger integration or separation initiatives related to acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provide support to execute the strategy of continuous improvements key customer and financial metrics by managing key projects, communicating progress, escalating road blocks and clear and timely communication to stakeholders.
- Consistent application of project management and governance standards to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective.
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate end to end requirements, design, testing and deployment including change management associated with initiatives.
- As needed, assist with leadership presentations and provide input to/support the project portfolio and/or resource management processes.
- 2-5 years project management (PMI) experience required preferred
- Solid experience in project management, process improvement in a high volume manufacturing environment with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization
- Ability to lead projects and manage through change
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- BS Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related fields
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.