Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America (PENA) has partnered with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Giga-factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role in the Giga-factory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Giga-factory is planned to produce 35GWh of cells, which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The mission at Production
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Major Performance Objectives to be successful in role)
- M1-M3 skilled experience in one or more process in the battery manufacturing process.
- Understands fully and always works in compliance with SOP and safety standards
- Demonstrated capabilities in equipment and system maintenance.
- Demonstrated trainer training knowledge.
- Role models & guides others to correctly and effectively perform to SOPs.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to other people, their learning styles and their diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with others at all levels in organization to achieve training goals & solve problems.
- Facilities learning, collaboration and interactions between employees, shift leads and supervisory personnel that lead to productive and positive outcomes.
- Maintains composure under pressure and in learning of the trainee.
- Well organized and to organize and energize others.
- Shift will be from 6 am to 4 pm
- Perform other Job duties as Assigned
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED, 2+ yrs.
- AA/AS degree in technical writing, engineering, draft, or related field desired
- 3 years pertinent experience.
- Must be able to be certified in Train the Trainer Program
- Able to analyze data
- Strong knowledge of soft skills affecting the overall functioning of training
- Excellent evaluative assessment and training skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal abilities
- Good understanding of battery manufacturing process
- Excellent ability to help trainees from many backgrounds improve upon training skills
- Completed HPC basic class
- Ability to do project work (G projects, CI improvement, present training plans
- Have no Active Attendance or Disciplinary write ups
- Pass performance review
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net during picture and/or video taking on site. Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects. Must be able to work up to 12-hour shifts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbal.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: none