Production General Manager
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Lead functional teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s.
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth.
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence.
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation.
- Establish and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program with minimum downtime.
- Utilize analysis of operational metrics to drive product quality and corrective/preventive action programs.
- Coordinate and interact with internal and external cross-functional agencies to fulfill Customer and Company goals.
Education and Qualifications
- BS in Engineering or Business
- 5-10 years experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience as a Plant, Operations or Manufacturing Manager
- Lean, 6 Sigma, continuous process improvement experience
- Understanding of OEE concepts
- ERP transactional experience
- 5S implementation experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
Walking, climbing stairs, lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, writing, typing, crouching, kneeling, and standing. Minimum lifting of 50 pounds. Must wear a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Vest, Steel Toe or Composite Toe Shoes or Boots.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.