Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.comWho We Are:Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity! How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero
And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/ Job Summary:
Specialist technical resource responsible for leading systemic and/or escalated problems to resolution and enabling support of our Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) products in the field. PSE addresses and drives in-service product and customer problems to closure, and ensures the field consistently has the best technical/operational practices available.What you will be doing:In-Service Problem Support
- Serve as a specialist technical resource and escalation point for PAC's more complex problem investigation, resolution between field stakeholders, OCC, CPC, Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Be a subject matter expert on the intersection of our products and how they perform in the field to teams external to the support organizations.
- Carry out investigations, and create detailed action plans for all escalated issues, in order to improve overall IFEC performance and drive issues to resolution.
- Review appropriate monitoring/analysis tools to assist in problem investigation. Define new tools and processes for others to execute.
- Investigate systemic/single aircraft problems, following through to resolution, including Engineering escalation as required.
- Create and replicate in-service use cases on in-house racks to replicate in-service failures. Based on those results, determine workarounds which may be used until a permanent fix is established.
- Proactively review global install base performance as well as individual customer configurations and issues to identify trends, product performance opportunities and coordinate effective actions to drive both individual aircraft, customer, and global install base performance.
- Monitor customer Fleet Configuration to ensure appropriate software and content is loaded.
- Perform on-wing or remote Ad Hoc technical support for any non-contracted need.
- Provides guidance to other team members to accomplish routine business goals.
- Ensure department readiness for supporting new products.
- Provide regular updates through appropriate ticketing system to keep stakeholders informed.
- Lead and manage discussions with Software & Hardware Engineering teams when required for issue resolution.
- Liaise with Engineering groups to ensure that team actions are consistent with technical product developments and company processes; revise/create PSE work instructions and other process documents as required.
- Lead initiatives to improve maintainability of PAC IFEC systems for all maintenance actors.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation (SIL, TIL, Service Bulletin, advisory emails, etc.) in support of airline operations.
- Develop internal processes across PAC to guide disparate teams on accomplishing support tasks.
- Manage assigned projects by developing actions and a schedule for completion.
- Manage and suggest tools and processes to assist maintenance.
- Develop concepts for methods of knowledge sharing, including new training and learning plans with technical training and peer-to-peer methods.
- Review repair practices and results to inform effective and efficient product strategy or repair strategy.
- Ensure that service requirements are given appropriate consideration when PAC makes technical decisions by providing input into appropriate Product Management and Engineering departments (tooling, logistical problems, capabilities, etc.).
- Assist with system maintainability and contribute input on support requirements for new product concept and development, Ad Hoc support requests and follow-on entry-into-service technical requirements.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree is preferred. 10+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A&P, FCC, or other regulatory certifications a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
- While executing existing protocols, defines new procedures and practices to guide others on how to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Project Management skills to facilitate cross-departmental initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey and present information amongst internal PAC departments, as well as customers and partners.
- In Depth technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or avionics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot across hardware and software systems.
- Self-driven and a high degree of initiative.
- Able to mentor less experienced engineers in effective troubleshooting.
- 10% travel required.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.