The Principal Cloud Backend Engineer will work with the StoreConnect Engineering team to create the next generation machine learning and predictive analytics solution for the grocery retail industry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct backend-architecture development plan and ensure requirements are specified and work is defined.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, project managers, quality assurance teams, and other developers regarding progress on long-term technology roadmap.
- Review of the work of, mentor, and delegate work to junior team members.
- Support MySQL, NoSQL, HDF, and Graph (Neo4j) database schema design and database administration. Maintain performance by identifying and resolving production and application development issues.
- Design robust APIs for machine learning systems, UI clients and integration systems.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Collaborate with Ops to deploy, maintain and monitor backend services and databases.
- Utilize JIRA for task tracking to provide visibility and to ensure workload balance across team.
- Participate as an active member of Sprint meetings, code reviews and development collaboration with the other backend developers.
- Strong understanding and proficiency with algorithmic complexity and efficient coding processes.
- Participate in screening, interviewing, and technical assessment of relevant technical hires.
- Work with the other senior members of the StoreConnect design team to develop, implement, and maintain a scalable and extensible architecture for our SaaS solution.
- Individually responsible for the development, implementation, support, and integration of APIs and data storage structures to allow our users to get the most out of StoreConnect. Primary development will be in Python and requires experience in database administration.
- Responsible for the database architectures related to: MySQL, no-SQL, HDF and Graph databases and the API’s and libraries for data access/entry.
- Responsible for the scalability and performance of the database architecture including database migration and database replication. Responsible for the test and verification of the database implementation and the access routines.
- Ability to work with both local and offshore resources.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 15 years of relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience in database design and support; 5+ in leader capacity; ERD experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with Python development and implementation.
- Experience with database migration, database replication, database performance, and database maintenance.
- Experience with Linux development environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Familiarity with instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to take initiative and effect change.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, mentoring, and problem-solving skills; wants to build the tools the team needs.
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud hosting services; AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with both SQL and no-SQL databases; MySQL and MongoDB preferred.
The salary range of $91,000 - $175,000 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.