The Payroll Compliance Manager is responsible for leading all Payroll compliance activities. Perform a range of compliance functions, payroll audits, and prepare documentation that assists with the execution of procedures, controls, and training related to Payroll.
- Ensure all Payroll processes are in compliance with government regulations (federal, state, and local) and collective bargaining agreements
- Stay abreast of changes in laws, regulations and guidelines impacting Payroll
- Audit Payroll processes, practices, and procedures,
- Audit technology and recommend new processes or technology modifications in partnership with HRIS Shared Services
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of Payroll services performed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field (or equivalent years of experience)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Payroll
- Payroll compliance experience required
- Must have CA specific Payroll compliance experience
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and local payroll regulations
- Workday Payroll experience preferred
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Advanced knowledge of Payroll technology platforms
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Payroll processing and compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving
- Proven record of successful internal and external customer service
Location: St Louis Metropolitan area OR California
For candidates based in the St. Louis Metropolitan area, this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule. For candidates located in California, we are open to a fully remote schedule with the ability to travel to our headquarters in Bridgeton, MO frequently within the first 90 days, but then as needed.
For California residents only, the salary range of $101,290 - $188,110 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.