Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
An IT Business Systems Analyst ll (BSA) is responsible for analyzing the business needs of our customers and proposes solutions to improve business results and operational effectiveness. A BSA will document complex business problems, elicit requirements, capture them, and create testing strategies. A BSA will also provide technical assistance to the IT staff to troubleshoot technical problems and help resolve them.
The salary or hourly wage range of $81,000- $136,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
• Analyze and document complex business problems utilizing Oracle Financial modules like, but not limited to, General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cash Management, Fixed Assets, and Oracle Project Accounting, Tax
• Seek to align technology, specifically software applications, to meet overall business strategies.
• Translate customer requests into software requirement specifications using standard templates, use cases, and natural language.
• Assist in the creation of user guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), quick start guides, and training materials as appropriate.
• Actively provide implementation training, on-going application support, and maintain related documentation.
• Develop, implement, and participate in business testing strategies.
• Evaluate vendor products and services and make recommendations.
• Coordinate upgrades and rollouts for larger more complex projects.
• Ensure all software systems are operating as expected and support all end users of the systems in performing specified procedures.
• Provide technical assistance to IT staff in the detection and resolution of system problems.
• Communicate and report issues, status, and results to management.
• Provide status reporting, project updates, and problem tracking to internal customers.
• Work independently and under direction of project managers with users to define concepts.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
What we're looking for:
• 4-6 years of direct work experience in Oracle financial modules such as General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Oracle Projects. Expereince with Oracle EBS R12
• Integration Skills: Understanding of how Oracle Financials integrates with other systems like Vertex and third-party applications
• Oracle Application Framework (OAF): Knowledge of OAF for personalization and extension of Oracle applications.
• SQL and PL/SQL: Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries and PL/SQL programming for troubleshooting issues within the database. Technical packages/tools :SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer/TOAD, Data Loader, other ERP specific dev tools
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, Business, or related field.• Expertise in Microsoft applications preferred, including Microsoft Windows, Project, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
• Learning agility and curiosity to proactively learn new technologies and apply these capabilities to solve different business problems.
• Ability to multitask on multiple projects and work with different teams.
• Ability to be nimble, efficient, quick, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate issues to higher management.
• Ability to lead initiatives and project teams.
• Ability to work with users on a daily basis to ensure project requests are accurate and timely.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible work options depending on your role. Where possible, hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.