Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for the performance and leadership of mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s Requirements. Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices for mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s requirements. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Perform design, development & sustaining including mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems.
- Apply planning, advanced mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures, criteria and planning for engineering assignments that require extensive investigation and clarification.
- Provide support and direction in the design and development LRU sheet metal & plastic enclosure and assemblies.
- Ensure hardware and materials selection are in compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Communicates and sustains the development and design of the LRU mechanical parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to lower level engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for the product design.
- Participates with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Provide direction in the determination of complex problem solutions while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, product marketing, cost and time schedules for projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification
- Assume a leadership role in the coordination of LRU Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to supporting personnel to resolve design and related manufacturing problems.
- Participate on CRB (Change Review Board) and facilitate communication for product design changes, reviews, change impact/implementation for products and parts.
- Create conceptual designs, assess risks, and develop cost effective products that meet the program requirements for packaging systems in airborne-based environments.
- Support a team in the performance of qualitative and quantitative thermal/mechanical shock/vibration analysis.
- Analyze LRUs to determine thermal/dynamic characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems
The salary or hourly wage range of $107,000 – $180,000 USD is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Highly adept in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Accomplished ability to design using Pro/E MCAD Tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA Analysis tools.
- Exemplary technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Proven ability to modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Proven ability to lead a team in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to other engineers.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Extensively modifies existing process, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- BSME or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- 10-15 years’ experience in areas such as Computer/Laptop/Ultra mobile PC design, thermal, strength of materials, properties of materials and machine design.
Other RequirementsOur Principles:Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude What We Offer:· At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program. · Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked. · Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP. · 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.· Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.· Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.