Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall design of LRUs which may include: sustaining, design & development, layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
- Sustaining Design, Analysis, Build and Test Activities.
- Perform sustaining, design, development and planning including layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Participate in the design and development of electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Record and analyze test data. Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Verify embedded firmware and higher level software functionality of the product.
- Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
- Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
- Participate with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, weight, produce-ability, manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the hardware with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Work with the respective Project Manager to generate and update Design and Development schedules.
The salary or hourly wage range of $ 29.81-50.00 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 0-3 years' experience in areas such as higher mathematics, electronics, mechanics and circuit design
- Company or Summer Intern program experience is preferred.
- Personal hands-on engineering project experience (i.e. RC Controllers, Security Systems, Video systems, PC) is a plus.
- Ability to assist in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Ability to assist in designing and analyzing circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing test methods and procedures under the supervision of
- Management and or senior level MTS Hardware Engineers.
- Possess technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Ability to plan engineering activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally applies existing practices and procedures to analyze situations or data.
- Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international locations as required approximately 5% of the time
- I.E.E.E. member is preferred.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.