Hussmann creates value for customers in the areas of merchandising, food safety, shelf live extension, sustainability and the life cycle value. Hussmann is focused on addressing the needs of its customers, providing solutions that provide superior value for their business.
The Marketing Communications Specialist – Specialty Products is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the Specialty Product line and Chino facility in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. This position will work in conjunction with other marketing team members and key sales staff on initiatives that promote Hussmann and its sales initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the entire customer experience as it pertains to Specialty products from beginning to end. This may include onsite visits, tours, and meetings.
- Build strategic relationships to partner and collaborate with key industry players, agencies and vendors as well internal departments and contacts.
- Oversee Chino location customer visits. Measure and report performance of all events and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to the sales channel
- Deploy and implement successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Develop and review advertising, presentational materials and marketing projects to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and with uncompromising quality. This includes opening new projects, concept development, managing creative job list, and final delivery of completed projects.
- Write and/or proofread marketing materials, website content, and publications for accuracy, branding, and compliance.
- Oversee and maintains the Hussmann onsite showroom(s) with responsibility for scheduling, merchandising, layout, upkeep, customer preparation and interaction with sales team.
- Coordinate all aspects of product photography for Specialty. This may include onsite shoots at retail outlets as well as at the Chino location plus the updating of photography guidelines documentation.
- Other marketing communications related activities as assigned by department head.
- High school diploma with 3-5 years of experience in related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public or Customer Relations, Communications, Customer Service or related field recommended plus 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design and social media campaigns preferred.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, content development, graphic design and advertising as well as event planning and coordination.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, excel, word, outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.