Perform Line Maintenance on Aircraft In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems and other aircraft equipment to ensure system serviceability and functionality. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. Complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
- IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
- Performance of maintenance tasks including component replacement, adjustments, inspections, functional tests and its certification which includes but not limited to:
- Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with Panasonic LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual test.
- Assist Software and Media Loading.
- Clean components and equipment racks if applicable to contract.
- Complete aircraft documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
- Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with the Lead or Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
- As required, based on aircraft type, may work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Certify for all work completed as applicable under a company issued authority and governing regulations.
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting, packaging and shipping of inventory.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping health and safety and tool care.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Management.
- Secondary/Technical School degree.
- 12 months experience on the Panasonic IFEC systems.
- Minimum of 24 Months on-aircraft experience.
- Must have worked on aircraft in the last 18th months
- Hold appropriate valid aircraft license / Authority required to certify customers different aircraft types/systems at assigned location.
- Essential Aircraft maintenance experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic computer skills in using Linux.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and supervise others as needed
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Excellent English language knowledge
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work a rotating shift roster that spans 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Climb and work from ladder or platform and,
- Sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and
- to lift up to 50 pounds and
- operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods and
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
Panasonic is committed to adhering to EU employment laws and regulations. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by EU law or company policy. Individuals who meet the qualifications are expected to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may be otherwise mandated by contract or EU law. Due to the substantial volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must possess valid authorization to work in the applicable EU countries. We appreciate your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.