Maintenance Services Representative (MSR) / Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME)
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is seeking experienced Maintenance Services Representatives to join us on a full-time basis, performing line maintenance, preventive maintenance, and have exposure to full line maintenance transit / ETOPS checks and/or maintenance experience of PAC In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to EASA/CASA Regulations.
The Maintenance Services Representatives will be based in our office at Sydney Airport, Mascot, NSW 2020.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Identifying, dismantling, inspecting, testing and repairing aircraft parts, aircraft engines and motors, aircraft electrical systems, aircraft frames and equipment to restore functional acceptance,
- Inspecting and installing electrical circuits which may require the removal and replacement/installation of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling
- Performing troubleshooting and defect rectification, built-in test (BIT) and manual test on aircraft systems by using the electronic testing equipment or other specialised testing apparatus
- Rectifying defects, such as defects in the aircraft oxygen system components, in an aircraft to meet approved maintenance requirements
- Attending to issues, such as issues in assembling parts in aircraft frame, which can affect airworthy and safe operation of an aircraft
- Performing routine pre-flight line maintenance checks and inspections of engines, frames and mechanical systems for airline clients.
- Maintains records/ Documentation
- Maintaining records/ Documentation for all the inspections, repairments, replacements, modifications, overhauls, and maintenance performed by using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Ensuring the maintenance release contains a certification which documented the details of the work carried out including the identity of organisation and signatory supervise
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to defects found during inspections and those recorded by flight crew in aircraft technical log.
- Reading engineering drawings and ensure all repairs are in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions for the Type Certificate
- Testing and operating airline communications equipment.
- Assisting in tracking the spares inventory.
- Preparing parts which have been received
- Performing other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
The applicant must have:
- Holds AQF Certificate IV in aeroskills or trade certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in aircraft maintenance as a licencesed aircraft maintenance engineer
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing, CASA/EASA
- Ability to obtain a red ASIC
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- To be eligible for this role you must possess, or qualify to possess, an Unrestricted CASA Licence Cat B1 with B737, A320, A330, B777, B787, A380, B747-400, or A350 Type Ratings.
Other requirements :
- Willing to travel both internationally and domestically, up to 25 % of time
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion, varying noise levels and extreme weather
$67,286 – $110,565 plus shift penalties (average 25 - 35% of salary/year), discretionary bonus based on Company's performance* and superannuation.
*as per PAC's policy.
- The prospective candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check up (which may include a drug and alcohol test) as part of the recruitment process.
- The successful candidate will be required to hold an ASIC which will include a criminal history/ police clearance check.
- Visa sponsorship applicable for qualified candidates who has the respective CASA licences.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | GratitudeWhat We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
Join us today and take your career to exciting new places.
Click the Apply button and send us a copy of your updated CV outlining your suitability!