This is for 8x Licensed Aircraft Engineers to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In- flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to EASA Regulations.
This will include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
· Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
· Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
· Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
· Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
· Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
· Operate airline communications equipment.
· Communicate and interface with customer.
· Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
· Receive and prepare parts.
· Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
· Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 1 -3 years related industry experience preferred.
· Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing, EASA
· Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
· Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
· Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
· Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
· Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
· Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
· Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
· As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
· May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
· Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
· Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
· Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
· Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
· Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
· Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
· Flexibility to work varying shift patterns.