- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In- flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
- Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 -3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing, FAA A&P
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
Panasonic is committed to adhering to EU employment laws and regulations. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by EU law or company policy. Individuals who meet the qualifications are expected to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may be otherwise mandated by contract or EU law. Due to the substantial volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must possess valid authorization to work in the applicable EU countries. We appreciate your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.