Maintenance Service Representative
65 Airport Blvd #01-13 Changi Airport T3 Singapore 819663
Important Note: Please read the full Job Responsibilities & Requirements very carefully before deciding whether you have the skills, knowledge, and experience that we are looking for (as stated below).
WHO WE ARE:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights?
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas, such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us, visit us at www.panasonic.aero
For a full listing of open job opportunities, go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to Federal Aviation Regulations Part 121, 127 or 135, or 145 to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
· Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of IFE systems.
· Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
· Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
· Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
· Operate airline communications equipment.
· Communicate and interface with customer.
· Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
· Receive and prepare parts.
· Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
· Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
1. Must have at least a Diploma or Higher Nitec/ Degree in Engineering/ Electronics Technology/Aerospace Technology or equivalent.
2. At least 3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
3. Holds current and valid Singapore CAAS B2 (Avionics) licence with aircraft type rating.
4. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagram, manuals, and tocomprehend and follow verbal instruction.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word,Excel, Outlook).
3. Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
4. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
5. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
6. Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
7. Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
8. Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
9. Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
10. Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
KEY REQUIRE CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels; Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both written and verbal.
2. Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
3. Great attention to detail, a critical thinker with a good problem -solving skill.
4. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, be assertive, self-driven and able to work well in a team setting.
5. Able to work effectively under challenging and tight timelines, well organized, and strategically prioritizes work to complete tasks on hands.
6. Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
7. Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation, we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Employee reimbursement of Medical, Dental, Vision Care, and Health Screening.
- Insurance Coverage for employee + their spouse and children.
- 13 months Bonus and annual performance bonus.
- Training provided internally and externally.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the job’s essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. ________________________________________________________________________________
Interested candidates, please send your latest updated resume by clicking "Apply Now".
Please include the following in your resume:
- Earliest availability
- Reason for leaving the last position
- Current/last drawn salary
- Expected base salary
- Let us know why you're a good fit for this role
Our apologies: only shortlisted applicants will notified.
Thank You for Applying! Take Care and Stay Safe!