Panasonic – Logistics Transformation Intern (Fall 2021)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Establish robust Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for given function:
- Under the direction of the Director of Logistics Operations, support a project focused on Establishing SOPs for all the roles in their respective functions.
- Work with each employee in respective teams
- Document all the processes that each of these employees are responsible for
- Working with respective Functional leader, identify which of these processes are Critical processes
- Write SOP for each of these Critical processes (complete SOP for at least 50% of the total critical processes)
- Document Retention process
- Work with Business Transportation Manager and IT to determine the best way to retain these SOPs
- Work with IT for implementing Document retention process IIBM Blue works / MS Teams or else)
- Prepare a process for document retention for these SOPs for future use
Document clear Roles & Responsibilities for PNA-Logistics team members:
- For all the Critical processes in each of the functional areas, identify clear Roles & Responsibilities using RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consult & Inform) matrix.
- Work with individual Team member to establish RACI matrix for critical processes in his/her work area
- Review RACI matrix with direct functional manager
- Once approved, retain this matrix in above mentioned Document Retention system
Immersive Experience in learning Logistics processes within team:
- Shadow each team member within Logistics Operations team to understand respective processes to learn how those processes interact with different functions within Logistics and across other functions and Business Units.
- Complete your internship with a broader understating of how a corporation function and the operating units that exist in a corporate environment
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's program preferably in their Junior/Senior year, majoring in Logistics/Supply Chain Management preferred
- Enrolled in Master’s Studies Program, majoring in Logistics/Supply Chain Management preferred
- Prior internship and/or relevant work experience preferred
- GPA of 3.5+ preferred
- Computer Knowledge; Proficient Microsoft Office Skills, Power Point, Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong, positive written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and “can-do” spirit
- 0% Travel
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.