Panasonic Solutions Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Panasonic requires a Logistics Solutions Manager to serve as the critical liaison between PEXNA Supply Chain and the internal business units we support with logistics solutions. Serving as the logistics business partner to the internal business units, the ideal candidate will use expert logistics knowledge to assess the logistics needs. of the business unit and develop informed solutions to support those needs. This person will align the collective business and logistics operational teams and own the project execution of the identified solutions, driving them to achieve cost, schedule and quality objectives.
The Logistics Solutions Manager also will work closely with the PEXNA and PECNA and other teams to develop and execute the team’s LEAN End to End “Logistics” and “Supply Chain” strategies to reduce cost, shorten lead time and enhance the service performance and efficiencies, while synchronizing the efforts with the direction and objectives. Success in the role is achieved when the business unit stakeholders are delighted by the solutions result and trust the solutions manager and PEXNA-L to support their business’s logistics needs because we exceed the stakeholders’ expectations.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Standardize existing operations and implement best practices through expertise in Logistics operations and solution designing.
- Develop and track project assessment KPIs and protocols for improvement and identify risks and mitigation strategies.
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost and performance.
- Coordinate tasks among multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are aligned and achieved.
- Create and manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity.
- Report program and project status and dashboards to leadership on a regular basis.
- Build trust by communicating effectively among internal and external stakeholders and coordinating tasks under tight deadlines
New Warehouse Setup
- Lead and Participate in site WH selection process working closely with PEXNA Real Estate, PEXNA Procurement, Business Unit Finance, Future Supply Chain site leadership. Prepare Business Case, seek approval from stakeholders.
- Co-lead and Participate in 3PL selection process working closely with PEXNA Procurement, Business Unit Finance, Future Supply Chain Site leadership. Prepare Business case, seek approval from stakeholders.
- Participate in RFP for 3PL selection.
- Develop 3PL evaluation criteria.
- Participate in site visits, answer all needed questions,
- Evaluating 3PL vendors through final selection.
- Co-lead and Participate contract negotiations, SOW negotiations with PEXNA Procurement and Business Unit Site leadership till execution.
- WMS development – participate in WMS related operations documentation requirement, WMS project review and working closely with 3PL for on-time WMS implementation, Participate in UAT
- WH Go-Live – On-site support during go-live, on-site support through stabilization phase, work closely with 3PL, PECNA and PEXNA to mitigate any issues with 3PL relationship.
- Develop SOP templates for all steps from Identifying WH, 3PL, WMS, Implementation for future use.
Distribution and Logistics Network Management
- Utilize expert logistics knowledge and experience to evaluate the logistics needs of the supported business and sales company.
- Create logistics solutions and strategies to address the identified needs to improve logistics and SCM operations.
- Work closely with PEXNA Procurement on domestic transportation requirements for Direct material as well as Machinery import as needed.
- Analyze existing Network and develop business case to improve network by reducing cost and improving service.
- Project Management from Solution design to execution.
- Establish and monitor Key Success Factors to ensure successful execution.
- Develop a co-operative and committed work culture within the Logistics team and with other business units including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Group and other departments.
- Provide out of the box logistics ideas by applying new technologies and best practice and processes that contribute to cost and lead time reduction and increase efficiencies.
- Provide End-to-End logistics and SCM solutions from material purchase to finished goods delivery for inbound, warehousing, optimization and outbound logistics operations and control.
Logistics Solutions Design - Once warehouse is setup and operational
- Utilize expert logistics knowledge and experience to evaluate the logistics needs of the supported business and sales units.
- Create logistics solutions and strategies to address the identified needs to improve logistics and SCM operations for the sales company and factories.
- Work closely with Senior Management to implement supply-chain and logistics improvement projects -LEAN – Continuous Improvement- for Panasonic Sales companies and factories.
- Establish and Execute Agent of Focus and Change (AFC) and non-AFC logistic initiatives by clarifying and outlining the value propositions, scope, time-lines, key milestones along with quantifiable benefits
- Develop a co-operative and committed work culture within the Logistics team and with other business units including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Group and other departments within the sales company community
- Conceptualize, promote, and implement project plans by determining the parties involved, mapping project plan and schedule, outlining the cost benefit analysis.
- Serve as the project manager to plan, develop, and execute the scope, deliverables, required resources, schedule, budget, and sequencing for new solutions.
- Create standard operating procedures for each solution or initiative when executing the projects.
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost and performance.
- Cultivate quality relationship with Kansas Factory Dock team, 3PL management team and PECNA leadership by participating in daily meetings, investigations, reviews and developing open communication serving as the subject matter expert to support production and ensure goals are met and maintained.
- Participate in any damage report investigations and ensure responsibilities are identified within 48 hours.
- Establish daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly warehouse operations reviews at appropriate levels to control operations.
- Serve as the business owner for the Warehouse Management System WMS and related WMS controls if chosen WMS is Panasonic solution
Daily, Weekly, Monthly Executive, KPI and Cost Saving Reporting
- Outline the Key logistics initiatives accomplished for the month. explain the logistics value added with quantifiable figures
- Analyze logistics cost and KPI performance Inbound, warehouse, outbound
- Identify the issues and provide solutions to overcome and better improve the operation.
- Project saving analysis - Outline the potential savings and keep track of the progress.
- Evaluate PNA-Logistics performance through benchmarking
- Objectively measure PNA-Logistics performance and competitiveness.
- Study the trend in the logistics industry and propose the best practice and solutions.
- Establish a SOP Standard Operating Procedure in each operational areas.
- Work with department heads of inbound logistics, warehouse operations and transportation team to summarize company’s P and P - Policy and Procedure - and SOP Standard Operating Procedure
- Liaise domain and factory and sales company.
- Ensure smooth and consistent communication with the domain and respective sales company. enhance and accelerate communication via e-mail, conference calls, TV conference and other means of communication.
What You'll Bring:
- Tracks and supports analysis of warehousing KPIs, savings, liabilities and risks.
- Reports to directly to Director of PEXNA Logistics Operations, dotted line to PENA Logistics Manager
- No direct reports and no budget responsibility
Education and Experience
- Minimum BA degree in Data Analytics, Business, or logistics. MBA or master’s degree in Supply Chain preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive warehousing experience
- 3+ years of warehouse management related experience.
- Managerial experience in logistics and or transportation and or 3PL field is preferred.
- Continuous Improvement experience required
- Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Advanced PC skills – MS office, MS Access, PowerPoint and MS Excel required. =
- Collaborative - Strong collaboration skills to maintain open cooperation with multiple stakeholders within different business units
- Problem Solving - Natural problem-solving skills are necessary to own the process and maintain required data flows
- Analytical - Well-developed analysis and fact-finding skills grounded in methodology and evidentiary sourcing.
- Customer Oriented – Attentive and responsive to customer internal and external concerns
- Results Focused – Identifies, confronts and overcomes barriers to successful completion of a task or project
- Self-Aware – Aware of impact on others, aware of strengths and weaknesses and how to use them best
- Adaptable – Capable of adapting to others and new situations, flexible, can handle multiple tasks at once
- Organized – Arranges work in an orderly way, has an orderly state of mind and approach to work
- Initiative – Proactive, makes things happen, takes the first step.
- Able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Key communications contacts and high level of persuasion is required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Provide frequent, and at times complex, explanation often to high-level contacts and executive management.
- Present to various sized groups to promote ideas.
- Travel Required approximately 40%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $80K - $105K is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!