The IT Assistant Manager directs, manages, and supervises the implementation and maintenance of the overall IT platform and infrastructure within Panasonic. The IT Assistant Manager is responsible for short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications. Additionally, the IT Assistant Manager leads the development of policies and procedures for computer systems operations and development. Your role will be diverse as you tackle a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Manages department activities with organized resource control
- Contributes company profitable management with secured budget control
- Develops ROI analysis scenarios for new projects or new services
- Ensures compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including but not limited to SOX compliance
- Exercises good judgment by involving management in resolving customer issues as necessary
- Provides leadership through insight and vision and leads by example
- Escalates unresolved customer issues in a timely manner
- Reports to management team status of environment on a regular basis
- Initiates advanced IT infrastructure with leadership viewpoint
- Designs mid-term IT strategy for continuous improvement
- Collaboration with business leadership by gathering business demands
- Promote the usage and expansion of IT services, collaborate with global and local IT organizations
- Manages the continuous optimizations of IT Systems services
- Continuously promote the high availability of service for critical customer business
- Follow and promote PENA and its parent company policies and procedures
- Skilled in the delivery of IT application and infrastructure services
- Effectively manage IT services using performance metrics and proven IT methodologies
- Evaluate service delivery performance and take corrective actions with appropriate IT staff
- Make recommendations for ongoing process improvement
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business
- 5+ years of experience in IT leadership leading a team of 15+ people in addition to relevant hands-on IT experience
- Position requires management expertise in LAN/WAN equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, Active Directory, Proxy) infrastructure, VPN technology, workstations (Linux *, Windows Server *), desktop PCs, peripherals and mobile devices (tablets, iPhones and Android phones)
- Draw on your creativity and out of the box thinking to research problems and provide innovative technical solutions in lightning speed
- Establish working relationships and provide superior support at all levels in the organization while utilizing superior customer service skills
- Issue tracking & resolution with organized skilled knowledge base approach
- Good communications (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information; effectively train and advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to prioritize activities while supporting multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Manager Responsibilities
- Department management: 40%
- IT solution strategy planning: 30%
- IT service delivery: 30%
- Minimum of 7+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptops, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, wired/wireless LAN, VPN, antivirus and mobile devices
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.