Hussmann's Internship Program provides a meaningful, real-life professional while working as a solutions leader for the food retailing industry. Hussmann interns receive great compensation, participate in community stewardship, network with company leadership, and learn about career opportunities available at Hussmann.
As a Test Engineering Intern in the 2024 Hussmann Summer Internship Program, you will gain experience and insight into the day in the life of an engineering lab professional. You will assist Engineering Lab Technicians and the Evaluation Engineering Team on performance and compliance testing projects.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist test lab technicians and lab manager with ongoing performance, evaluation, and compliance testing by following the test lab protocol and assembly procedures.
- Evaluate test results and ensure that the result aligns with test requirements listed on the test request.
- Assist in writing testing procedures and guidelines per UL Standards or as directed by evaluation engineer or test lab manager.
- Set up, monitor, and report results of assigned laboratory tests, and follow up to closure of design changes on tested equipment.
- Evaluate test results and make necessary changes, if any, in testing program or modifications of equipment under test to continue on with test objectives.
- Prepare, distribute, and file test reports as necessary detailing the objectives and conclusions of the testing project.
- Assist in the development of new refrigerated products.
- Network with senior leaders, associates, and other program interns to learn about our organization.
- Attend tours of Hussmann's 1.6 million square foot manufacturing facility, our Global Hub, and the R&D Lab.
- Participate in community stewardship outreach, offsite, and career development events.
- Compete in our annual Shark Tank Program.
Shark Tank Program: Throughout the twelve-week program, Hussmann interns will compete with a team of fellow interns in the Hussmann Shark Tank Program. After being divided into cross-functional groups, interns will work to find a solution to the provided problem statement. They will then present the solution to a panel of Sharks (Hussmann Leadership Team and executive leaders) and the organization to compete in the Shark Tank competition.
- Currently enrolled in school pursuing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency using 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidEdge preferred or SolidWorks)
- Refrigeration/HVAC knowledge
- Previous internship experience in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of refrigeration systems, thermo-dynamics, heat transfer and structural analysis principles is a plus.
- Basic electrical wiring knowledge is a plus.
- Sheet metal design experience is a plus.
The summer internship will run from approximately the third week of May through the second week of August.
For more than 115 years, Hussmann has been a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way.
Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for Better Businesses, Better Partners, and a Better World. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.