HR Manager Direct Client Support
Panasonic is seeking a skilled HR Leader to become our HR Manager – Production Client Support, reporting to the Director of HR - Production, and leading a growing team of HR Business Partners and Generalists for an employee base of over 3,500 people. This role is the HR key partner to Panasonic’s operational leadership at the Gigafactory and is an opportunity to come into an exciting environment and build. This role combines your leadership, business acumen, leadership development, employee relations, communication, and operational excellence to help amplify and support the voice of the employee in conjunction with outstanding business partnership. Bring your energy and creativity and come build with us.
- Lead a team of HR Business Partners, each a mini-CHRO for their internal clientele, as well as a team of HR Generalists (people partners), and internal recruitment, to enable business objectives and amplify the voice of the employee.
- Partner with other HR functional areas such as Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Legal, and Learning and Development to bring robust solutions to bear for organizational challenges.
- Generate credibility with employees through listening, doing what was said would be done, and excellent follow-up back to each individual.
- Increase employee engagement and positive employee relations through high-touch interactions, upstream communications, opportunities for involvement both at work, as well as in the community.
- Elevate the capability of the HR Client Support team and by extension, the entire HR function through goals & objectives, training, regular feedback, HR staffing excellence and external perspective.
- Propel organizational vitality by preparing HRBPs to lead out in talent reviews and acceleration plans for high-potential employees.
- Shape and champion PENA culture throughout the organization through personal example, clear communication and consistency in policy adherence.
- Create clear and practical policy that appropriately addresses business and employee needs.
- Develop leaders in the organization with excellent coaching and partnership.
- Distill key priorities from on-the-ground interactions into projects with clear scope and accountability, verifying their impact through organizational feedback.
- Present in various operational and employee meetings across a spectrum of HR related topics.
- Strengthen the function’s investigational and employee relations case management approach.
- Prepare contingency plans and emergency operational support in coordination with risk management planning.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a HR capacity, including having led teams
- Manufacturing or related HR experience
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- 10+ years HR leadership experience, with a majority in a manufacturing environment, preferably in both union and non-union environments. Multi-site HR leadership preferred.
- Genuineness of character. Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Positive energy.
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
- Superb written and spoken communication – but genuine above all. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in investigatory elements of employee relations including having addressed concerns related to discrimination, compliance, safety, etc.
- Clear prioritization to advance efforts on multiple fronts.
- Flexibility – critical for a start-up environment.
- Lead candidate identified.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.