Hardware Engineering Summer Intern -Irvine, CA (Hybrid)
Panasonic Avionics Corporation seeks motivated Hardware Engineering Intern to join our growing Hardware Engineering team in our Irvine, CA, office. This paid internship will start in June and continue through August 2024, with an opportunity to potentially continue through the school year.
How you will spend your summer:
1. Create a component footprint
2. Review CONs and ECRs for legacy designs
3. Reroute and drafting of boards for manufacturing upgrade
· Interns will work with senior PCB Designers to perform daily tasks.
· Interns will have bi-weekly progress checks.
· Interns will have a closure project report at the end of the internship.
What you bring to the internship:
· Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree who will be a Junior or Senior
· Preferably Graduate students pursuing Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) degree
· Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal and written instructions, and communicate instructions as needed.
· Ability to communicate clearly, written and verbally, to all levels of the organization and external customers.
· Experience with industry design of PCB board layout
· Incorporate academic knowledge into the real-life application of engineering practices
· Provide a potential vision for personal career path upon graduation
The hourly wage range for this position is $25- $36. The final offer amount may vary and is based on the candidates' year in school. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Visit us at https://www.panasonic.aero/?page_id=17403&preview=1&_ppp=49d82db6fb to learn more!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.