This position may be responsible for multiple customers, product groups, and staff members, such as senior business unit managers, managers. Directs the strategic sales and/or sales operations activities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Leadership of Staff
- Leads and coaches sales managers, senior sales managers and account managers.
- Works with senior sales managers and account managers to develop tactical sales objectives in order to increase revenues and maximize profitability within the group/division.
- Identifies and anticipates emerging new business opportunities that fit within the company’s core competencies. Works with directors and/or vice president to establish strategic priorities.
Sales Forecasting and Reporting
- Oversees sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals for sales division.
- Prepares periodic executive sales reports showing current sales, potential sales and areas of proposed new business.
- Plays a vital role interfacing with North American and/or global automakers, commonly meeting with general management and vice president levels.
- Identifies potential opportunities for future products and services and provides customers with scope of opportunity.
- Directs and monitors internal resources and systems to ensure product is shipped to the customer within agreed upon timeframe.
- Establishes product and customer strategy and align internal resources to support strategy.
Quotations and Pricing
- Directs RFQ strategy and process with factory, senior sales managers, account managers and customer.
- Maintains high visibility in price negotiations and renewals.
- Oversees process to minimize / eliminate charge backs and to ensure accounts receivables are transacted in a timely and efficient manner. (E.g. customer collections)
- Completes P/L responsibility for the group including leading the internal and external commercial negotiations, GP, expenses and PSI.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and ten (10) years of related experience.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years automotive systems or components industry experience.
- Ford experience
- Infotainment/audio experience highly desired.
- Strong technical and strategic aptitude coupled with strong business acumen.
- A proven track record of leading and developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Superior analytical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, influence, build rapport, and establish a high degree of trust at all organizational levels.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.