About this Role:
You will assist the Service, Installation and Warehouse teams with the completion of their tasks. You will perform such functions as furnishing tools, materials and supplies to other workers, maintaining a clean work area, machines and tools and holding materials or tools for other workers. You will report to the Install Foreman.
- Help ship and receiving of materials, staging and inventory.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Help assemble gang boxes and job materials for projects.
- Help with the positioning of vehicles, machinery, equipment, and other objects for assembly, installation, and service.
- Help maintain physical structures/ offices by doing general work.
- Visit job sites to bring and exchange parts, tools or equipment.
- Occasional help on job sites to help move or set equipment and cases.
Formal Education Requirement: High School Or GED
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: Zero Years of Experience; Preferred: Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- High school diploma/GED
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in commercial refrigeration (supermarket preferred)
- Valid driver’s license to maintain a safe driving record in accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend, crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds, all repetitively and for extended periods
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail-orientated and highly motivated
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Work nights and/or weekends as required
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.