Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero
And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/
Panasonic Avionics is a world leader in providing inflight connectivity solutions and services to airlines globally. We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Line Manager to join our team. This role reports directly to the Product Line Director for In-Flight Connectivity (Satellite Networks and Traffic Management), where you’ll serve as a catalyst for innovation and a go-to specialist in satellite and ground network connectivity. Your focus will span both established GEO and emerging LEO satellite networks, as well as ground-based 5G terrestrial networks. Your primary mission will be to elevate market requirements, drive functional network strategies, and drive increases in performance. Alongside these responsibilities, you’ll be tasked with maintaining key partnerships with companies such as OneWeb and supporting our Airbus Airspace Link HBCplus Managed Service Provider (MSP) initiatives. At the nexus of technology and business strategy, you’ll translate combine technological innovation with business acumen, translating corporate strategies into a vibrant roadmap and action plans.
Product Definition and Management (35%)
- Analyze market segments in the context of in-flight connectivity, both satellite (LEO/MEO/GEO) and ground (5G) networks
- Develop a comprehensive business plan focusing on in-flight satellite services.
- Lead strategy sessions on Satellite and Ground Product Lines, forecasting market opportunities and technological advancements.
- Curate a 3-year roadmap focused on LEO, MEO, GEO, and 5G technologies, aligning with corporate strategies.
- Exercise authority in decision-making within the scope of the role, guided by established policies, budget considerations, and business plans.
- Continually assess and update product line commitments, emphasizing satellite network capabilities and stability.
Strategic Roadmapping and Innovation (30%)
- Generate a comprehensive product roadmap encompassing both current (GEO) and emerging networks (MEO/LEO), as well as 5G technology.
- Provide tactical advice on product end-of-life and market transitions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Product Marketing to refine product positioning, taking into account satellite capabilities and future-readiness.
Communication and Market Awareness (25%)
- Lead cross-departmental alignment meetings to align technical and business objectives.
- Conduct "Win/Loss" analysis at a customer level, focusing on factors like network latency, reliability, and data throughput.
- Prepare comprehensive packages for Product Review Board (PRB) meetings focused on new products and services.
Issue Identification/Resolution and Technical Expertise (10%)
- Proactively identify and resolve issues affecting the product line, with an emphasis on satellite and 5G network constraints.
- Establish a streamlined escalation process to identify and correct issues involving satellite network-related challenges customer satisfaction.
Adaptability and Miscellaneous Duties
- Engage in other duties as assigned and adapt responsibilities according to evolving market dynamics and organizational priorities.
The salary range of $108,000 – $181,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering or Computer Science is highly desirable. Alternatively, a minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Professional Experience: A minimum of 8 years of progressive career development in the fields of Product Management or Satellite Network Operations. Advanced degrees may be considered as a factor for reducing the required years of experience.
- Industry-Specific Experience: Strong preference for prior experience in aerospace or closely related sectors. Previous involvement in In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), In-Flight Connectivity (IFC), or avionics installation projects is advantageous. Familiarity with airline operational procedures and/or electronics manufacturing environments is also favored.
- Technical Proficiency: Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of GEO, MEO, and LEO satellite technologies as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, HTS, XTS, Mx-DMA, TDMA, DVB-S2X, MODCOD, SNR, QoS, VPN, SSL/TLS, VoIP, CDN, NAT, SD-WAN, and NMS.
- Sector Knowledge: The candidate should possess knowledge of products and services offered by key industry players including Panasonic Avionics, Viasat/Inmarsat, Intelsat, Thales, and Starlink/SpaceX. This understanding will aid in strategic decision-making and competitive positioning.
- Microsoft Suite Expertise: Demonstrable proficiency in utilizing Microsoft applications for tasks such as data analysis (Excel), stakeholder presentations (PowerPoint), and document preparation (Word).
- Effective Communication Capabilities: Proven facility in establishing and maintaining communications with external vendors, clientele, and diverse internal organizational units through multiple modalities.
- Leadership in Cross-Functional Collaboration: Established capacity for driving strategic objectives and achieving alignment across numerous organizational functions
- Project Management Competencies: Documented ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, ensuring adherence to established deadlines and quality metrics.
- Decisive Problem-Solving: Exemplary decision-making capabilities, honed for rapid and informed evaluations in fast-paced settings.
- Innovative and Pragmatic Resolution Skills: Balances creative approaches with practical problem-solving methodologies, addressing a broad spectrum of organizational challenges effectively
- Organizational Efficiency: Exceptional organizational skills, underscored by meticulous attention to detail and a structured follow-up process, to ensure the continuity and success of projects.
- Strategic Judgement: Demonstrates discerning judgement in choosing appropriate methodologies and techniques for obtaining solutions, informed by established policies and best practices.
- Pragmatic Institute Certification: Completion of Foundations, Focus, Build, Market, Price, and Launch courses is highly desirable prior to employment. For candidates who have not completed these, enrollment in the respective courses will be arranged soon after onboarding.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.