Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Panasonic Avionics is a world leader in providing inflight connectivity solutions and services to airlines globally. We are seeking a talented and experienced Director to join our team. This role reports directly to the Senior Director for In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) and will lead a specialized team of Product Line Managers. This vital role is charged with directing key elements of our IFC Satellite Networks and Traffic Management portfolio, emphasizing Space and Ground Network Management, Passenger and Airline Traffic Optimization, and Experience Analysis and Service Improvement. Specifically, this role be responsible for Product Line Management aspects of our established GEO and emerging LEO satellite networks. This will include supporting strategic partnerships, such as with OneWeb. In the area of Passenger and Airline Traffic Optimization, the Director will develop and implement strategies that focus on enhancing data flow and refining network performance, facilitated by real-time monitoring and diagnostic tools. On the Experience Analysis and Service Improvement front, the role mandates an intensive focus on monitoring service health at a passenger level, with systems in place for proactive problem identification and timely resolution. The Director will also be ultimately accountable for the entire product line roadmap, ensuring that it aligns with the company’s strategic objectives and business plans. This role includes not only direct staff management responsibilities but also may involve overseeing consultants as needed.
Strategic Leadership (25%)
- Define and communicate the strategic vision for multi-orbit (LEO, MEO, and GEO) and ground network (5G) technologies.
- Serve as the final authority for decision-making within the team, ensuring alignment with corporate and fiscal objectives.
- Oversee strategic operational activities, from product inception to phase-out, ensuring on-time delivery and alignment with company commitments.
- Lead a team of Product Line Managers in Space and Ground Network Management, Passenger and Airline Traffic Optimization, and Experience Analysis and Service Improvement.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide mentorship, aligning team development with organizational objectives.
- Set performance and strategic goals for team.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Motivate staff to achieve long-term goals, aligning these objectives with broader company targets.
- Define specifications for network management tools, prioritizing features like real-time monitoring, diagnostics, and resource optimization.
- Provide guidance to both internal and external stakeholders in areas like Traffic Shaping, Sandvine, Fair Share, Firewalls, and Newtec/iDirect modems.
- Take responsibility for identifying and resolving issues impeding the successful implementation of product commitments.
- Lead cross-departmental projects, partnering with engineering, operations, and customer support to optimize network scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer service departments to articulate the unique value proposition of satellite and ground network services.
- Participate in the planning and execution of product line initiatives, as well as process improvements.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and technological assessments to identify avenues for growth and innovation.
- Engage proactively with customers and business partners to co-create solutions for connectivity challenges.
What we are looking for:
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (MBA preferred).
Microsoft Suite Expertise: Demonstrable proficiency in utilizing Microsoft applications for tasks such as data analysis (Excel), stakeholder presentations (PowerPoint), and document preparation (Word).
Effective Communication Capabilities: Proven facility in establishing and maintaining communications with external vendors, clientele, and diverse internal organizational units through multiple modalities.
Leadership in Cross-Functional Collaboration: Established capacity for driving strategic objectives and achieving alignment across numerous organizational functions.
Project Management Competencies: Documented ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, ensuring adherence to established deadlines and quality metrics.
Decisive Problem-Solving: Exemplary decision-making capabilities, honed for rapid and informed evaluations in fast-paced settings.
Innovative and Pragmatic Resolution Skills: Balances creative approaches with practical problem-solving methodologies, addressing a broad spectrum of organizational challenges effectively.
Organizational Efficiency: Exceptional organizational skills, underscored by meticulous attention to detail and a structured follow-up process, to ensure the continuity and success of projects.
Strategic Judgement: Demonstrates discerning judgement in choosing appropriate methodologies and techniques for obtaining solutions, informed by established policies and best practices.
Professional Experience: A minimum of 10 years in progressively responsible positions within Product Management or Satellite Network Operations, specializing in the oversight of complex projects, ideally in the aviation industry. This should include at least 5 years dedicated to personnel management and team leadership.
Industry-Specific Experience: 5 years of experience in aerospace or closely related sectors. Previous involvement in In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), In-Flight Connectivity (IFC), or avionics installation projects is advantageous. Familiarity with airline operational procedures and/or electronics manufacturing environments is also favored.
Technical Proficiency: Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of GEO, MEO, and LEO satellite technologies as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, HTS, XTS, Mx-DMA, TDMA, DVB-S2X, MODCOD, SNR, QoS, VPN, SSL/TLS, VoIP, CDN, NAT, SD-WAN, and NMS.
Sector Knowledge: The candidate should possess knowledge of products and services offered by key industry players including Panasonic Avionics, Viasat/Inmarsat, Intelsat, Thales, and Starlink/SpaceX. This understanding will aid in strategic decision-making and competitive positioning.
Additional Qualifications: Strong commercial acumen with experience in contract negotiation, pricing strategies, and revenue growth. Proven ability in strategic planning and execution. Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Pragmatic Institute Certification: Completion of Foundations, Focus, Build, Market, Price, and Launch courses is highly desirable prior to employment. For candidates who have not completed these, enrollment in the respective courses will be arranged soon after onboarding.
Our Principles:Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation. #LI-KH1