Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Analyze problems, plan, and execute countermeasures for achieving operation improvement of production equipment
- Implement or modify equipment to correspond to a new product or improvement
- Identify problems from equipment or electrical drawings
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facilities/equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test, and adjust product lines
- Perform regular overhaul of machines and equipment
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Work closely with engineers to execute on projects
- Provide support with ordering and fabricating new parts
- Train and work with new engineers
- Other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience equivalent
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 2+ years working in a technical position at PENA
- Experience conducting maintenance on advanced production machinery
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience working with facilities HVAC systems
- Previous background with PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Experience with machine shop is strongly desired
- Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement mindset
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.