Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero
And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/
Perform engineering design check assignments under the direction of Systems/Senior Engineers and Management. Perform as a focal point for the design checking group. Check and verify engineering drawings and related documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, quality and use of good design practices. Correct errors in computing and recording dimensions and specifications. Confer with design personnel to resolve design problems. May have specific project or product responsibility.
QA of Engineering Drawings and Designs
- Responsible for planning and checking engineering projects within the systems group from a design and drafting standards standpoint; from systems integration to installations.
- Support engineering design and development of aircraft installation packages based on customers and OEM's requirements for production and retrofit applications.
- Responsible for verification and validation processes, group focal for quality initiatives and special projects.
- Provide guidance to other Design Checkers from a technical and standards standpoint.
- Act as focal point for drafting/engineering standards.
- Provide input to engineering and drafting staff for systems design criteria and standards to support aircraft installations.
- Provide guidance and direction for problem solving to engineering and drafting staff on engineering and drafting standards.
- Play key role and focal point for checking group in adherence to AS9100, ANSI, DOD100 and Global design/drafting standards.
- Check the accuracy of engineering-based documentation such as aircraft mechanical design, structural installations, wiring installations, wiring diagrams, cable assemblies/harnesses, detailed assemblies and structures, internal specification and internal standards documents.
- Support development of internal drawing/document standards per customer or regulatory agency requirements.
- Support internal PAC departments and coordinate with PAC external design engineering groups as requested.
- Participate in and support additional company projects/initiatives outside of S.I.E.
- May do some troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
The salary range of $54,000 – $91,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
What We're Looking For:
- AS or AA degree in Avionics Engineering
- 3-6 years' of related experience in Avionics industry or 5 years of related experience for non-degreed individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well within the Systems
- Installation Engineering department and occasionally with other organizations to support engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Design Checkers regarding standardization, development and adherence to defined checking standards.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to departmental personnel via markups of noted design errors, non-conforming drafting practices, incorrect data and other non-standard issues.
- Possess a high degree of understanding of aircraft terms and design requirements.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic
- Engineering field.
- Use clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within the Engineering field.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to work independently and be assertive.
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows based computers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- May require some travel, up to 5% of the time to domestic locations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.