The Engineering Administrative Assistant supports and coordinates the activities of the Engineering Team. The Assistant is responsible for maintaining schedules, coordinating daily activities, and ensures the team is effective and aligned. Additionally, the Assistant will contribute to the growth of the Engineering Team. Furthermore, the Assistant is an important influencer to ensure the team is aligned to Panasonic’s Core Principles.
- Administration duties for the Engineering Team:
- Support all Engineering leaders
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage meetings with Engineering Leadership and other PENA cross-functional departments
- Organize and coordinate trainings, conference attendance, All-hands presentations, Journal clubs, and Battery University talks
- Coordinate Friday Battery University topics with Culture and Continuous Improvement department
- Process, monitor, and follow up on vendor invoices
- Coordinate travel activities
- Maintain and stock inventory supplies
- Responsible for new hires for the leadership team
- Organize new hire activities such as Engineering NEO and classes
- Ordering new hire supplies such as PPE, notebooks, swag, ect.
- Schedule and coordinate activities for “first week on-site” for new members
- Coordinate IT equipment for the team
- Assemble New Hire Welcome Basket for new team members
- Ensures workspace setup for new hires
- Assist with scheduling interviews that require members of the Leadership Team
- Help maintain good working relationships (Vendors, Manufactures, Tesla teams, etc.)
- Coordinate hotel bookings, conference rooms, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Help obtain approvals/signatures to contracts and NDAs
- Conduct engineering surveys and facilitate improvement actions
- Visitor Coordination:
- Book and coordinate hotel accommodations
- Coordinate necessary transportation
- Coordinate and arrange for visitor meals
- Coordinate tours with Japan, Production Teams, Workplace and Leadership
- Maintain a schedule sheet
- Update presentation to reflect visitors
- Update visitors’ calendar
- Conducting tours of facility:
- Coordinate with Production Teams, Workplace and Leadership
- Coordinate leadership alignment for tour routes
- Develop/Contribute to tour enhancements such as iPad click and pay
- General Duties:
- Maintain and entry Data management/analysis records
- Generates reports for leadership
- Orders supplies, attire, and other goods as needed
- Provide guidelines on booking travel, Expense Pay, and Company Credit Card application to employees
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree or other two year post High School training
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in fast-paced, high volume administrative support, executive assistant, coordinator, or similar role
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, including experience supporting or interfacing with staff
- An appreciation for first impressions and a palpable sense of professionalism
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to put together proposals, project planning and status updates and executive presentations
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.