Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
if you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Responsible for supplementary design support and drafting of tasks within the Systems Installation Engineering group based on input/guidance from engineers for integration and installation. Responsible for providing supplementary design support and drafts in a CAD environment, creating design documentation, supporting customers, and OEM's requirements for production and retrofit applications utilizing input from engineering. Performs CAD design, drafting and other assignments under the direction of CAD/Checking supervisor, system and senior engineers.
- Provide supplementary design support and drafting of wiring diagram layouts, cable assembly layouts, mechanical assembly layouts and isometric drawings.
- Resolve supplementary design issues and generate accurate drawings.
- Interprets markups and generates accurate drawings.
- Performs drafting of tasks based on inputs from engineers for integration and installation.
- Perform Drawing revisions.
- Track drawings through release process
- AS or AA degree or equivalent training/certification required.
- Experience in wiring diagrams or cable assembly layout or isometric installation or any combination required.
- 2 years experience in the avionics industry preferred.
- 4 years experience required for non-degreed individuals.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work and requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Ability to convey engineering design concepts or provide supplementary design support through a technical drawing utilizing clear and concise drafting methods.
- Strong familiarity with aircraft and avionics.
- Skilled ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Proficient in drawing layout conceptualization.
- Proficient with ANSI, military and global standards.
- Ability to conceptualize solids and 3D modeling.
- Working knowledge of windows based computing systems and ability utilize MS office suite of software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of most recent release of AutoCad, ProEngineer/ CREO, Bricscad, and Capital, software applications.
- Ability to work by the established PAC design drafting standards and guidelines.
- Ability to learn and work with multiple software packages.
- Strong ability to communicate, in English, both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with internal and external customers at all levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Well organized, detail oriented and able to perform tasks within expected timeframes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to domestic and international locations.
The hourly range of $25.96 – $43.75 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.