Effectively manage the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, and team through the operational team leaders. Support the development of the operational team leaders via ongoing coaching and mentoring. Manage overall management system for PASA employees, contracted Third Party Logistics (3PL) and hourly staff providers. Direct and lead PASA’s products software re-flash and light assembly, arrival quality inspection, repack operations, warehousing, inbound & outbound distribution processing for NAFTA OEM customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Establish, plant management oversight, disciplines, monitor, and manage operational goals, KPI’s and best practices for the warehouse. (e.g., on-time customer delivery, first-pass yield, in-process defect measurement/8D corrections, standard costing, BP and forecasting, inventory, slow-move/obsolete & scrap, labor productivity, employee morale, etc.).
- Establish standard costs, manage budget, and promote financial predictability of warehousing operations. Measure and improve variance to standards, establish annual productivity & quality improvement targets, resolve and correct forecast error.
- Implement and assist with product cycle counts and site inventory accuracy.
Site Leader to OEM Customers & Panasonic Factories
- Oversee customer care section and facilitates the relationship between all factory’s sites and customers. Respond to customer needs in a timely and accurate way, analyze customer EDI demand and handle variations carefully, including 862 Firm Orders, JIT Calls, 830 Forecasts, Cumulative quantities, and advanced shipping notices.
- Lead and represent software re-flash, quality inspection, warehousing and distribution operations during customer visits, site assessments, QMS IATF, ISO, MMOG audits, containment/corrective actions, business continuity planning and recovery actions.
- Lead timely problem solving and improvement projects (e.g. incoming quality, RMA disposition, packaging, labeling, ASNs, quality containment) jointly with functional owners and producing factory leaders in Mexico and overseas.
Strategic, Mid-Term and Tactical Planning (Postponement & Warehousing)
- Develop and execute strategic, mid-term and tactical plans for Los Indios facility including but not limited to staffing plans and supervisory structure, standard cost reductions, cap-x investments, warehouse space planning, hourly shift patterns, material flow design, MMOG compliance, optimized balance of full-time and contract hourly employees and returnable tote management.
Vendor & Third Party Logistics (3PL) Management:
- Hold regular business reviews with Third Party Logistics (3PL) and contract labor vendors to promote 2-way partnership, cooperation, problem solving, morale and regular performance to contract and KPIs.
Material Flow Planning and Error-Proofing
- Maintain continuous improvement of material flow from receiving through inbound inspection, put-away & warehousing, software re-flash, light assembly, kanban/small-lot kitting, labeling, shipment load staging and final shipment to customers. Establish metrics to regularly measure order fulfillment time, accuracy, safety and compliance to automotive MMOG standards.
Trade Compliance: International Customs, Maquiladoras
- Ensure site compliance to US Customs Free Trade Zone standards, international import/export rules, Maquiladora trade and filing requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, information systems, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years managing warehouse operations.
- Minimum of five years successful experience at manager level.
- Must have knowledge of logistics and supply chain management, including transportation, distribution, warehouse operations and customer service.
- Background and experience working within or contracted with major Third Party Logistics (3PL) warehousing or logistics providers in high-scale / high–volume environment.
- Expertise in Automotive OEM QMS standards (IATF, ISO, Q1, BIQS, etc) and ability to independently assess gaps and develop action plans to resolve non-conformances.
- Expertise in AIAG / MMOG standards for material handling and processing in either factory or warehousing environments + ability to resolve non-conformances.
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Specific experience preferred in SAP Warehouse Management and related modules (FTP, PTD, PTP, etc.)
- Specific experience preferred in OEM EDI processing and exception handling, including 862 Firm Orders, JIT Calls, 830 Forecasts, Cumulative quantities and Advanced Shipping Notices.
- Previous work experience in a cross-cultural, international environment preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.