In this role, the DevOps Engineer will serve as a technical expert in software infrastructure related to manufacturing systems. The Engineer is responsible for helping speed up the software development process by building and troubleshooting problems with automation pipelines and managing tools that support the software teams. The Individual will work closely with other developers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and functionality. Additionally, the Engineer will provide operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing system and its underlying infrastructure.
- Design, build, improve, troubleshoot, and maintain both new and existing CI/CD pipelines
- Make recommendations on modern DevOps best practices such as implementing blue/green deployments or automated rollbacks to account for software or deployment problems
- Manage code deployments in all environments
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot underlying infrastructure such as Kubernetes, docker containers, Kafka, and development tools such as git repositories and package management software
- Develop strategies and implement new solutions and technologies to improve underlying infrastructure and software development process such as systems for alerting, monitoring, database systems, and cloud hybridization
- Analyze, evaluate, and react to data or logs for underlying systems to determine possible problems and escalate or respond if necessary
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Create custom automation scripts to simplify and improve deployment processes and management
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Degree or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience with DevOps in an agile software development environment
- Required technical experience creating automated build pipelines, building, and managing Docker, Docker registry and working with CLI tools for Kubernetes or AWS
- Prior use of Jenkins, GitHub or Bitbucket, Kubernetes, Artifactory or Nexus and Docker is required
- Familiar with modern software and DevOps best practices and systems such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, git, scaling applications, deployments using docker, and Kubernetes
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Effectively train/advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to work extended-hours or outside of normal business hours including weekends as needed
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure is preferred
- Experience with log management software such as Splunk or Graylog or monitoring software such as New Relic or Data Dog is preferred
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.