The Data Analyst analyzes business problems and issues, using data from internal sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. Additionally, the Analyst creates and maintains statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data. Uses data visualization programs, tools, and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling, understanding and interpretation of trends and patterns of business importance.
- Create and validate ad-hoc data analysis for reporting purposes and create recurring data analysis tools for factory use
- Interact with internal stakeholders and data developers to design and evaluate visualization solutions that meet business/reporting needs
- Extract and aggregate data from databases and data warehouses for reporting purposes
- Improve data collection and aggregation methods and design reports to meet factory reporting needs
- Create and implement logic to further utilize data more efficiently
- Educate data consumers across the company in data assumptions and calculations used for each data tool
- Understand, create, and educate data consumers on factory KPIs
- Validate input data and output data analysis to ensure data-driven action is rooted in quality data
- Standardize data collection, analysis, and visualization techniques
- Continuously deepen knowledge on applicable subject matter and industry standards
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, or related field
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with data interaction and usage in the following stages: acquisition, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Statistical Analysis methods plus software proficiency required
- Business Intelligence software proficiency required such as Tableau, and PowerBI
- Programming skills for data analytics required such as SQL, and Python
- Must have a strong understanding of how to leverage existing tools and methods to solve a problem
- Must be able to learn and understand equipment capabilities, operation flow, and data flow logics
- Must be detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Experience with manufacturing, supply chain or operations preferred
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.