Panasonic- Customs Compliance Classification Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Support management of timely and accurate import & exports in compliance with government regulations, corporate policies and procedures within the organization:
- Position supports management of Country of Origin, COO validation program including but not limited to management of Certificates of Origins and Free Trade Agreement certificates.
- Manage COO in the Free Trade Agreement module in Trade Management System, Integration Point - IP
- Support requests from legal/compliance counsel to pull specific entry documents and provide required documents from internal and external broker entry packets
- Support development of audit process and delivery of procedure and reporting
- Execute periodic audit of all factories, coordinated with business Units, select products, request supporting information, coordinate review of COO with outside counsel, identify any larger scale issues
- Report on audit results to management and create action plan to mitigate findings
- Monitor IP COO discrepancy report and manage, entry corrections, communication with factory to address incorrect information and required activities
- Develop and deliver training on COO determination for business units and factories as required
- Monitor changes in tariff or duty related programs including but not limited to HTS, Schedule B, ECCN, license exemptions, CVD, ADD, Section 301, 201, CN duty exemptions. Evaluate impacts assess and execute activities to mitigate. Monitor any changes in sanctions, embargoes and country controls as well as evaluate, analyze, act on or manage actions on tasks; report as required.
Post Entry Activity Support
- Manage post entry activity in coordination with PNA Customs Compliance Manager and broker including but not limited to Post Summary Corrections, Protests, Prior Disclosures, Voluntary Tenders.
- Position may support, develop processes, monitor and report on activity or requirements related to drawback or other duty tax claims. Provide drawback and Business Unit management/finance information to facilitate refunds as needed.
Manage and Report on Activity
- Develop, execute and communicate KPIs,metrics,results related to department compliance, accuracy, productivity, and efficiencies.
- Manage, monitor and report on post entry, drawback, CN duty exemption activity as well as other as required.
- Support update and assessment of Trade Compliance Policy, Customs Compliance Manual and Import and or Export Ops Manual to identify, develop and maintain Business Unit specific process flows and process documents as it relates to product movements, bonded zone activity, customs entry, duty deferment programs, drawback and cross dock and other customs and logistics activities.
- Candidate should actively contribute feedback on Trade Compliance policies established by PNA FTZ, Customs Compliance Management and Legal.
- In coordination with Business Unit and PNA Customs Compliance Manager, identify, develop and deliver trade compliance training to identified team members.
- Communicate corporate level information, bulletins, and training to internal Business Unit team members to ensure understanding of trade compliance related requirements.
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- BA BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or related area.
- 2 plus years of practical experience in handling customs and international trade related issues, country of origin support, product classification, qualification of goods for free trade agreements OR equivalent experience
- A current customs broker’s license is desired but not required.
- Lean Continuous Improvement Experience and or certifications a plus
- Possess a working knowledge and direct experience in import and export activities and Customhouse brokerage.
- Possess a practical knowledge of CBP compliance best practices and regulations.
- Candidate must work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative, work independently and make decisions as required with minimum supervision and have an understanding of the implications of work and make recommendations for solutions. Candidate must have ability to develop and deliver activity and performance reports as needed.
- Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and the mental capability to troubleshoot and solve problems of high complexity or difficulty, as well as problem solve in a proactive, methodical manner. Must be able to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and comprehend complex issues.
- Candidates for this position should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be self motivated and be capable of working as part of a team or alone.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, Power Point, and Power BI along with a well developed ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization as well as externally to customers & suppliers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that support clear and timely written and verbal updates
- Travel less than 5 percent
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $80,000 -$92,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!