Curriculum Developer/Instructor II located in Irvine, CA
WHO IS PANASONIC AVIONICS?
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio; there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Panasonic Technical Services Team to help us continue to provide the best In-Class Services.
Provides technical training to global internal and external customers in support of Panasonic Avionics products and processes. Instructs in a classroom, video, or online delivery medium and evaluates training effectiveness. Supports the instructional design process by working closely with instructional designer, subject matter experts, researching, and developing content for use in training materials, manuals, presentations, storyboards, test items, and exams. Trains and evaluates new and/or junior level instructors to ensure company standards are being met. Reports on work effort progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager. Participates in work group efforts to improve curriculum and training processes by providing continual feedback and recommendations on existing curriculum.
Curriculum Development and Lifecycle Maintenance
- Research technical documentation for the purpose of developing training materials for manuals, presentations, and storyboards.
- Write instructional materials for multiple formats including instructor-led, video, and self-paced training using various authoring and development tools.
- Assist curriculum developers in revising existing curriculum and/ or developing new curriculum according to department standards.
- Develop test items and exams to support learning objectives and standards.
- Develop working understanding of quality assurance processes, approved repair station training manual and repair station quality control manual, and other relevant documents.
- Deliver technical training in a classroom, video, or web-based delivery medium with increasing system/application complexity.
- Conduct student laboratory periods, practical demonstrations, and exercises.
- Administer exams and maintain student records.
- Administer class evaluations in order to obtain metrics of training effectiveness.
- Initiate curriculum and/or documentation change requests to ensure material is accurate.
- Assess and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations on existing curriculum.
- Participate in work groups for process definition and improvement.
- Accurately estimate project work effort and report progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in instructor and class evaluations to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Train new and/or junior level instructors to cross train on subject matter and technical knowledge.
The salary wage range of $70,000 – $118,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements preferred.
- Working knowledge of aviation maintenance training and technical publications methods and standards preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems, system technology, and related components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable interacting directly with customers.
- Ability to present and instruct technical information in a professional and engaging manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to people with diverse cultural backgrounds and educational experiences.
- Proficient-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of learning management system administration.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, workplace learning and performance, related degree/certification or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance practices and/or avionics preferred.
- 3-5 years experience developing technical curriculum in a corporate environment.
- Ability to travel domestic and international up to 30% of time. Willingness to travel according to business needs and schedules.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.