Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like, horseshoes, gaming tables, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Maintains standard costs and master pricing list, analyze variances and process improvement.
The salary or hourly wage range of $54,000 – $91,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
• Reviews standard costs, BOM’s, and routings on a regular basis and update as appropriate to ensure accurate and consistent inventory costs.
• Reviews and updates Master Price list based on provided escalation rates.
• Handles daily requests for cost and/or pricing updates.
• Prepares month end journal entries, account reconciliations, and assists in the preparation of cost and inventory schedules.
• Prepares various inventory analyses such as PPV, absorption cost, etc.
• Prepares monthly and annually forecasts for assigned inventory and costs of goods sold accounts. Analyzes and reports actual and forecast variances.
• Maintains assigned SOX controls regularly, provides support documents, audit schedules and other analysis. Support internal and external audits related to manufacturing costs and inventory.
• Works closely with operation departments (Production, Purchasing, Engineering) to understand how the company operates and where improvements can be made to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
• Identify areas for improvement in the production process to enhance cost efficiency.
• Assists management, manage or conduct special projects as required.
What we’re looking for:
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• 0 - 3 years proven experience in cost accounting, inventory management, or related roles in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with ERP systems strongly desired along with solid data mining abilities. Prior Oracle experience is preferred.
• Strong familiarity with manufacturing operations is desired, along with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal and customer service capabilities.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Strong organization skills, great attention to detail, and ability to problem solves inventory issues and makes recommendations or work with IT to improve efficiencies and internal controls.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data analysis, cost and pricing models.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.