Position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the worldwide supply base strategies for the Software commodity category, ensuring that the strategy is specific, fact-based, comprehensive, consistent, well-communicated and delivers superior financial returns and a competitive advantage to the business. In addition, the Commodity Lead ensures that the strategy developed is dynamic and responsive to the market, customer, supplier, and company needs. This individual has primary responsibility for the supplier relationship and drives supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management. The Commodity Lead works with the Manager of Indirect Procurement to ensure a shared vision and alignment with overall business objectives.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Discovers sources and purchase strategy in terms of software technology, quality, delivery and total cost.
- Negotiates and awards purchase orders/contracts in support of new product launch and existing production requirements in the areas of software and software development.
- Monitors quality, cost and delivery performance for engineering infotainment software.
- Coordinates all supplier issues with applicable functional organizations with primary focus on engineering and product development.
- Establishes and manages key supplier performance goals and objectives; communicates periodic results to plan and manage top-level continuous improvement; develops keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks.
- Establishes top-level plans providing foundation for improved factory flexibility and responsiveness.
- Manages and negotiates software agreements (SOW, MLA, MSA, etc.) in support of overall supply chain goals and objectives.
- Promotes and monitors early supplier involvement in key product developments, using the supplier’s expertise to optimize quality and produce ability in areas of software support, technology roadmap etc.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments and software technology changes in either the infotainment space or automotive industry space.
- Initiates/leads/participates in annual cost reduction and other value improvement projects.
- Coordinates supplier development with applicable functional organizations.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in selecting suppliers for software development, maintenance and support, technology enhancements, etc.
- Responsible for supplier selection on a commodity basis and work with internal clients and domain leads to implement these sourcing decisions, negotiate and conclude agreements, budgetary impacts and margin cost impacts.
- Researches for key software commodities/products to support the global and local requirements.
- Maintains bidding parameters by specific commodity, implements cost controls and establishes various pricing points for software management.
- Coordinates with production and new products buying functions to integrate common suppliers/technology.
- Assists in the supplier development process to ensure success internally/externally.
- Reviews Request for Quote (RFQ), Statement of Work (SOW), Master Services Agreements (MSA), Master Licensing Agreements (MLA) and other documents as required by the enterprise.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Prepares an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and cost reduction program (CR) covering selected commodities and be prepared to present and discuss as per business requirements. This plan is approved by the Indirect Procurement Manager or SW Commodity Manager.
- Maintains continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing technologies in the areas of software, offshore development, emerging technologies and other areas as needed.
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, information systems, information technology, software programming, innovation, engineering or a related field and two (2) years related purchasing/software programming experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- APICS, ISM or APS certification preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communications, negotiations, and human relations required.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills required. Strong soft skills a plus.
- Strong financial analysis (ROI, EVA and IRR) skills and problem solving ability a must.
Must be able to generate analytics that can drive change in the infotainment space.
- Must have the technical ability to understand software application, performance, and development methodology and relate as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office ERP Systems, and various databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.