Assist with the Installation of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities.
Duties may include but are not limited to assisting with the following duties: Install solder copper pipe, including configuring 90 degree, 45 degree, tees and other fittings, diagnose water-leak complaints, remove cases from truck without damage, install PVC drain pipe, recognize major case types, locates and sets superheat specification, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, install orifice and thermostatic expansion valves. Locate refrigeration leak, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, identify pipe size and fittings by sight, power wash air-cooled condensing units, layout complex coolers.
Acquire knowledge through on the job training, which includes new product developments, service bulletins and issues.
Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures including OSHA and any local authorities governing requirements.
Complete necessary documents (time sheets) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements.
Maintain and manage truck inventory in a accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
Follow branch policies and procedures.
Basic Qualifications: List the 5 to 7 basic qualifications (work experience, systems knowledge, etc.) that the applicant must meet in order to be considered.
1. Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
2. Required ability to work nights and/or weekends.
3. Mechanical Aptitude
Does the Scope of the Job Encompass: (check all that apply)
Whole Company Sector
Sector Business Unit Location (please specify) __Branch__________
Product Line (please specify) ________________ Department
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: xHigh School Bachelors Degree Masters Degree Other _____
Preferred level: High School Bachelors Degree Masters Degree Other _______
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: x0 – 5 5 – 10 20+
Additional Information: (e.g. physical demands, confidentiality requirements, travel requirements)
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as required
Key Competencies: Identify the Key Competencies required to successfully accomplish the Accountabilities of the position. Describe each Key Competency as it relates to this position. Assign a relative weight to each Key Competency on a scale of 1 to 5. More than one Key Competency can carry the same weight. NOTE: list ONLY competencies that are essential to the position.
5 = Most important relative to other key competencies
2 = Somewhat important relative to o/ key competencies
4 = Very important relative to other key competencies
1 = Least important relative to other key competencies
3 = Important relative to other Key Competencies
· meets all scheduled commitments. Begins work at the appointed time, provides a full day’s work, and is willing to work overtime and emergency calls as required
Work Safety Orientation
· Demonstrates an understanding of safe work practice, policies, procedures and pass safety test as a part of the certi-tech program. Complies with all safety policies and procedures. Drive all vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
· Demonstrates knowledge of refrigeration and electrical systems. Demonstrates proficiency with mechanical and electrical tools and instruments.
Cerification: successful completion of Safety test as a part of the Certi-tech program within the first 90 days of employment.
· Produces high quality of work in a timely manner. Continually looks for new ways to increase work effectiveness and efficiency.
· Shows a strong commitment to total customer satisfaction. Acts with a sense of urgency to customer requests. Demonstrates excellent cusomter relations skill.
· Takes a well-organized approach to diagnosing and solving technical problems.
Adaptability/Willingness to Learn
· Interacts positively with co-workers, management and customers. Can offer and receive constructive feedback.
· Speaks in a clear, concise and understandable manner to customers, superiors and other technicians. Able to learn from written material and follow written and spoken instructions. Completes necessary documents and electronic communication in a through, accurate and timely manner.
· Contributes well in a team environment. Supports the concern and needs of others in the group. Readily shares information with co-workers.