Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Certification Project Lead is responsible for managing the regulatory compliance activities leading up to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approvals. This includes developing the certification plan, establishing the compliance methods, and supporting inspections and tests involved with each project. The Certification Project Lead manages the STC project schedules and coordinates with all internal and external stakeholders supporting the retrofit programs. The role also requires developing certification and engineering documents used for showings of compliance.
• Act as the Project Manager for the certification portion of retrofit programs. Develop and maintain the certification scope, strategy, and schedule. Manage all tasks leading towards Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approvals.
• Coordinate with all necessary groups within Panasonic, the customer, FAA, and local authorities to ensure the certification strategy will comply with all FAA and foreign regulations.
• Develop certification statement of work to define program requirements, deliverables, and schedule. Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined early and coordinated with the responsible groups.
• Provide quotes for certification projects by estimating internal and external expenses.
• Prioritize daily workload and be able to work multiple programs simultaneously.
• Continuously strive to improve group processes and share best practices.
• Maintain compliance with department and company operating procedures.
• Uphold safety, legal, and ethical standards. Apply these values towards all job responsibilities.
• Review drawings, analyses, and test plans/reports to assure Panasonic system installations comply with all applicable airworthiness standards.
• Troubleshoot design issues through drawing reviews and airplane to drawing comparisons.
• Provide onsite support at aircraft retrofit locations. Act as Panasonic representative and control certification aspects relating to aircraft installation, inspection, and testing.
• Support change management activities and approvals by reviewing and assessing impact throughout the system’s life cycle.
• Draft certification documents such as Certification Plan, Master Data List, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, and Service Bulletin.
• Draft engineering documents such as Structural Substantiation Report, Weight and Arm Report, Electrical Load Analysis, System Safety Assessment, and aircraft test plans.
The salary or hourly wage range of $ 107,000-180,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
• Must be an experienced and confident leader who demonstrates the technical competencies and coordination skills to communicate issues and drive resolution between customer, suppliers, and multiple Panasonic groups.
• Must have ability to review engineering designs and determine appropriate methods to meet airworthiness requirements.
• Must be able to learn, adapt, and function across multiple different engineering disciplines.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and act in a highly presentable and professional manner. Must be able to interact with multiple levels in the Panasonic organizations as well as suppliers and customers.
• Must work well with people under pressure and work effectively with individuals from different cultural and political backgrounds.
• Must be self-motivated, well organized, and detailed oriented.
• Must possess creative problem-solving skills and be able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
• Must have proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills. Experience with Microsoft Project highly desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering or 4 years equivalent experience.
• Experience working with regulatory authorities or ODAs, UMs, DERs, etc. involved with aircraft certification.
• Preferred minimum 8 years of experience as an engineer in commercial aviation industry: 4+ years of aviation experience in systems and equipment or structures, 2+ years of experience installing and certifying avionics, and 2+ years of experience managing projects.
Ability for up to 10% travel domestic and internationally required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.