Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for leading sourcing initiatives to optimize Panasonic Avionics‘ (PAC) spend in Direct Goods and Services across all of PAC. The ideal candidate will possess: 1). 7+ years of experience leading strategic sourcing and operational/value generating initiatives 2). Deep knowledge and expertise of Direct Goods and Services related categories, 3). the strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent. 4). a consistent track record of delivering business impact in a complex global corporate environment and 5). the vision and implementation skills required to drive spend management excellence in complex categories. Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, business acumen, influencing skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are also critical.
- Category Management: Provide sourcing category expertise for Direct Goods and Services related categories including outsourcing
• Develop category strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements
• Partner with the business to build influence, evaluate, and challenge the status quo. Identify and obtains buy-in for category strategy and value opportunities
• Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities beyond sourcing, such as demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, innovation, etc.
• Actively drives value beyond cost – e.g., growth, innovation, risk management
• Regularly monitors the market for category-leading practices and demand/supply shifts such as supply consolidation, technology innovations, etc
- Strategic Sourcing: Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total value in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
• Executes strategic sourcing initiatives following the 7-step Sourcing Methodology
• Gathers stakeholder and subject-matter expertise/insights and market intelligence to ensure sourcing solutions meet business needs
• Assess supplier capabilities and identify new suppliers
• Analyze supplier proposals and facilitate fact-based supplier selection process
• Prepare and present business cases and should-cost models; performs complex data analysis and build financial models (i.e. ROI, NPV, supplier scorecards, savings tracking, make vs. buy decision models)
• Analyze and summarize RFP responses and results and prepare recommendations for Senior Management
• Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiations to maximize total value and minimize risks for PAC
• Establishes contract terms and conditions and coordinates with legal to execute contracts with suppliers that optimize the partnership Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
• Ensure savings are delivered in a timely manner and ensure Panasonic realizes expected benefits
• Drive continuous improvements post project
• Support PAC's supplier diversity and sustainability goals by increasing the use or opportunity of suppliers in all commodity areas and by tracking opportunities to increase the impact
- Supplier Relationship Management: Establishes and manages the governance processes with suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope.
• Develops qualified, competitive sources of supply on a continuing basis through a comprehensive financial and market review
• Implements strategies to best manage the supplier base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations
• Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
• Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third-party providers
• When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and work with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient resolution
• Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance and develop new capabilities
- Continuous Improvement: Work with teams post projects to identify continuous improvement initiatives. Identifies costs drivers to increase cost awareness and influence cost-consciousness.
• Identifies, oversees, pursues and manages re-engineering, value engineering and demand management opportunities to enhance operational effectiveness, interfacing with cross-functional teams
• Develops implementation and transition plans acting as a change agent
• Implements and drives procurement strategy, policies and procedures.
• Enforces compliance to procurement policies and works to increase adoption
The salary wage range of $94,000 – $158,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What we are looking for:
- BS/BA degree in relevant area such as supply chain, business or STEM required
- MBA and other relevant degree/certification (e.g., ISM CPSM or Six Sigma) highly desirable
- 7 years+ of relevant strategic sourcing experience demonstrating success in positions of increasing complexity.
- Deep experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies and a track record of leading sustainable high impact sourcing approaches levering sourcing levers beyond tendering
- Experience with category management strategies for categories in scope, opportunity diagnostic, strategic sourcing process, supplier management with a proven track record of delivering business impact
- Demonstrated analytical, financial, problem-solving, organization, and project management skills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and innovative
- Experience working effectively in global complex organizations and with offshore providers
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, dynamic organization with time-sensitive deadlines
- Leverage market data, external expert resources, spend analytics and cost modeling to drive fact-based decision making
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder timelines and meeting management skills
- Expert understanding of contract terms and techniques for driving additional value and managing risks
- Ability to support, lead and conduct successful negotiations
- Develop and manage relationships across the business to achieve key business, organizational and cross-cultural objectives.
- Knowledge of Supplier Management tools (SRM, conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
- Technology-savvy and high competency in MS office; Advanced Excel skills and other analytics software as well as eSourcing
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.