Panasonic – Benefits Intern (Fall 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and driven Benefit Intern to assist our HR department with administrative benefits related tasks. The Benefits Intern responsibility will be to develop a general understanding of Benefits and its day to day operations. Develop a better understanding of analytics to help use metrics to evaluate and track progress of benefits offerings.
This position provides excellent customer service and works closely with the Sr. Benefit Analyst under the direction of the Sr. Benefits Manager.
- Use metrics to track, share, and analyze benefit plan data to evaluate benefit program performance to help understand employee’s behavior and future benefit needs.
- Retrieve benefit & payroll data and run reports based upon user needs; communicate with benefits consultant/broker, providers, vendors and other customers to resolve health insurance claims, billing or data discrepancies
- Support Employee Services and the Panasonic Benefits Center to address inquiries regarding HR policies, benefit inquiries and other related matters
- Assist in the research and updating or creating of HR and benefits policies
- Support the Benefits Team with Special Projects as needed
- Assist in planning benefits and wellness related events to include wellness programs, benefits/wellness fairs, creating wellness calendar and monthly wellness initiatives.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Business Administration or studying toward a degree in any of the above fields.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with HRIS and benefits databases; advanced Excel skills
- Excellent administrative and Organizational skills
- Effective planning and priority setting.
- Detailed Oriented
- Work independently and in a team for the purpose of collaborating and completing projects.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.